Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
103 Posts
At this point I will adopt the well written warning posted @Edz2k20 "I would advise strongly against doing it yourself unless you're happy and are absolutely sure it wont invalidate any warranties should it go wrong, I'd never advise that route as I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone having warranty issues or bricking their cars features"
Fame at last :)

Great to see that those of us in countries where this is allowed have the option available.

It's interesting actually, was discussing this with a colleague who is ex-police, he said they always actively encourage these systems as if the true aim is safety then warning people on the presence of cameras also warns them to dangers and slows them down rather than them barrelling through and being fined the first time and being aware from then on.

Of course slamming the brakes on from 60+ to 30 is not advisable!

I'll also steer away from the safety vs taxation-by-stealth conversation as I don't want to derail the thread.

Cheers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Better half was out for dinner with her friend this evening and I dropped them off in the local town center and yup speed camera ahead every couple of minutes including a new one I didn't see previously, glorious :)

Still haven't seen the 'visual' warning maybe as the navigation wasn't on screen at the time.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
250 Posts
Better half was out for dinner with her friend this evening and I dropped them off in the local town center and yup speed camera ahead every couple of minutes including a new one I didn't see previously, glorious :)

Still haven't seen the 'visual' warning maybe as the navigation wasn't on screen at the time.
So just to confirm.. you get alerts even if you're not in the sat nav...?

The only visual alert I see is on/in the sat nav screen

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Steve

Yes, I get the audio alerts but - unless I wasn't looking at the display (nothing on the HUD I saw) nothing visual.

I think it depends on this setting

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
How can I check if my country - CROATIA - is on the allowed list for speed camera alerts? I have updated my firmware to 47 (many thanks to @ASH8!), updated SD NAV card with MAZDA Toolbox app and enabled navigation settings/warnings settings, but I cannot get any speed camera alerts.:rolleyes:
Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
15 Posts
Hi Steve

Yes, I get the audio alerts but - unless I wasn't looking at the display (nothing on the HUD I saw) nothing visual.

I think it depends on this setting
I went out and experimented with a local intersection with a red light/speed camera. My settings are set to provide both audio and visual warnings.

I drove through using the following scenarios:
> the mzd music screen playing a radio station​
> the mzd navigation screen in normal drive mode​
> android auto screen showing maps​
> the mzd navigation screen navigating a route home​

In all scenarios I was audibly warned of the camera. There was no visual warning on the HUD. The only visual indication was a camera icon shown on the mzd navigation screen.

I then got the hell out of there before the police were called :oops:

·
Registered
103 Posts
While out and about yesterday I was having a look at this. I think as others have said it applies the countdown on the bottom left of the navigation screen showing distance to the speed camera, no hud or dash information is shown unless I'm missing some combination with the speed warnings.

I didn't have a chance to go back with it switched off and navigation on to see if that then vanishes but I'd say that's likely it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
While out and about yesterday I was having a look at this. I think as others have said it applies the countdown on the bottom left of the navigation screen showing distance to the speed camera, no hud or dash information is shown unless I'm missing some combination with the speed warnings.

I didn't have a chance to go back with it switched off and navigation on to see if that then vanishes but I'd say that's likely it.
Sent you a pm..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys, I am glad I found this thread.
Just saved a trip to the dealership. I updated the system to 47 without any issue, only took a few minutes. (got the car with 45)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cool, it does seem UK models are shipping with 45, same with Mazda 3's at the moment (August 2020 at time of writing)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Cool, it does seem UK models are shipping with 45, same with Mazda 3's at the moment (August 2020 at time of writing)
My son's Mazda3 September 2019, was on 19, our January 2020 cx30 was on 42......

·
Registered
103 Posts
Knew about the 42 the 19 is a shocker

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked mine up mid June and specifically asked them to upgrade it (because it got stuck there for a while due to the lockdown). And they have confirmed everything is uptodate. 47 was long out by then, not sure if dealerships don't know about it or they have just ignored the request.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think service teams simply aren't up to speed on the cx30 software. As I said the dealer here is fab and did apologise saying it should have been done by default in the pdi but wasn't, they put it down to a glitch that they're versions etc didn't show an update as required, true? Don't know as the info is certainly out in the public domain so you'd think pdi checks would be updated also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!
How can I check if my country - CROATIA - is on the allowed list for speed camera alerts? I have updated my firmware to 47 (many thanks to @ASH8!), updated SD NAV card with MAZDA Toolbox app and enabled navigation settings/warnings settings, but I cannot get any speed camera alerts.:rolleyes:
Thank you!
Check the sd- card on your pc. These is a folder with all the EU country's chat are available with speadcams warnings.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts