Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a dark snow cover road part of a metal sign (I think) hit the lower bumper and bent part of the splash guard. I don't think I can get my had close enough to pop it out (I removed the front splash guard and wasn't able to). Really aggravated by this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
I had something similar on another vehicle I owned years ago (hit a raccoon in the dark) and got it repaired by a guy who does various repairs for dealership. My dealership at the time recommend him, it was far cheaper than replacement of the whole front piece and you couldn't tell it happened when he completed it.
Also many body shops do plastic repairs, you can compare.

Reactions: TunaFresh

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Base
8 Posts
On a dark snow cover road part of a metal sign (I think) hit the lower bumper and bent part of the splash guard. I don't think I can get my had close enough to pop it out (I removed the front splash guard and wasn't able to). Really aggravated by this.
toilet plunger / suction cup?

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
You are going to need a heat gun .. some patience.. a trip to the dealership parts department after first determining which plastic push retaining clips are missing and bolt screws. If you can get better pics say during the day I can try and help as iv worked at the dealership parts department for years and worked closely with licensed body shops.
@TunaFresh

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are going to need a heat gun .. some patience.. a trip to the dealership parts department after first determining which plastic push retaining clips are missing and bolt screws. If you can get better pics say during the day I can try and help as iv worked at the dealership parts department for years and worked closely with licensed body shops.
@TunaFresh
Thank you. I'll try and take a few more pics tomorrow. 👍

·
Registered
682 Posts
$100. Fixed.
I'm glad you got it fixed and yah that's a reasonable good price for labor.. they literally used a heat gun and new retaining clips and screws. But I do hope tho I helped give you a good sense of direction as far as it being a easy fix and wouldn't cost much to pay to having it fixed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad you got it fixed and yah that's a reasonable good price for labor.. they literally used a heat gun and new retaining clips and screws. But I do hope tho I helped give you a good sense of direction as far as it being a easy fix and wouldn't cost much to pay to having it fixed.
You definitely did. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
You definitely did. Thank you! :)
Anytime.. the Toyota dealership I had worked at for like 5 years.. I had a lady come into see me and she avoided hitting a dog that ran out good news there 😊 bad News she drove up and over a curb.. allot of damage to a one month old Rav 4... Front end suspension system got damaged for m hitting it at 50 kmh and bumper cover plus under body front splash guard.. 1,000 in parts I had to order plus labour so you got super lucky 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts