Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD Soul Red, 2020 CX-30 AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these installed? I’m interested but haven’t seen any pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the 2020 Mazda CX-30 Accessories post section
don’t see anything about them besides the list. I’d like to see a side view of a CX30 with the installed.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
287 Posts
not sure why you need mud flaps on this model with all the black plastic cladding this is around it.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
80 Posts
I would be interested in seeing additional pics of the guards.

Were your body side moldings dealer installed also? I've checked the Mazda accessory site a couple of times and haven't seen them listed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I should have some on Monday

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would be interested in seeing additional pics of the guards.

Were your body side moldings dealer installed also? I've checked the Mazda accessory site a couple of times and haven't seen them listed.
Ordered moldings from amazon. search
Dawn Enterprises FE7-CX30-20 Custom Body Side Molding Compatible with Mazda CX-30
They have most factory colors in stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked some up when I bought the car and installed myself. Heads up, if installing yourself you'll need a "jacknut" tool which is basically a rivet gun. It took some digging to find and the one I bought isn't available on Amazon anymore, but here's what I used

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

here are the flaps that were installed Thursday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked some up when I bought the car and installed myself. Heads up, if installing yourself you'll need a "jacknut" tool which is basically a rivet gun. It took some digging to find and the one I bought isn't available on Amazon anymore, but here's what I used View attachment 501
I bought the front and rear splash guards (mud guards) for my CX 30 but did not know that you have to drill holes in the wheel well to install them. Did you follow the instructions exactly? The instructions say to drill 9.5 millimeter holes for the jacknuts, but looking at the actual jacknuts, the 9.5 mm hole looks too big. I appreciate any advice you can offer !
Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jack nuts are like rivets. They compress on either side of the hole leaving a threaded hole to screw into. That’s the reason for the opening size. Did you measure the size of the jacknut? You will also need a tool to compress it. There are other ways to compress it with a threaded bolt, couple of nuts and spaced washer. Search YouTube for examples.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts