Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my third Mazda. I have a 2020 black Mazda CX-30. I really really am very disappointed at the inside storage space or lack thereof. The glove box is not ergonomic for the driver and the passenger gets their knees knocked off whenever it does get opened. The Shelf can be removed but then you have a big sack kind of thing or ditch if you will. So nothing can actually stay put in the glove box everything moves around, if you take the shelf out. But if you leave the shelf in then you have to wiggle things around to get it to actually close. And I won't even say words that I feel about the center console/ armrest. I absolutely loathe it! You have to push then pull up, then raise then push and pull again for it 2 open or close. What happened to the good old just open and close. Then you have to purchase a top-shelf which was always included in my other Mazdas. I also am very unhappy about that if you try to put the car in drive or reverse, the parking brake stays on unless you have your seatbelt on. Which I get it..safety..but sometimes I drive my car to the dumpster, in my complex and I have to either push a button or fasten my safety belt I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it!! Anyways the car overall is decent.It's smaller than my Mazda 3, even with the seats down.. I really flubbed this decision. I should have just gone on ahead and got the Mazda 3 instead of the CX 30! I wanted something bigger and the sales guy was a super smooth talker recommended this one he said it's like a sporty tuxedo, LOL. However I guess I would describe it as that as well but only in the appearance. The functionality is not so great unfortunately. So I feel like that in the making of their cx-30 line they really missed a lot of everyday folks kind of things that people like or dislike.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
159 Posts
See now, personally I like the arm rest.
the glove box I could care less. Do people actually use the glove box for anything other than napkins?
To me the important thing about a car is how it drives.
The chimes on start up are pretty annoying I’ll give you that.

The thing I don’t love is the side wing mirrors. You seem to lose some of the right mirror unless you sit high up. And my left mirror has a slight vibration while driving speeds of 100km/hr +

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Style (SkyActiv-G Automatic)
26 Posts
I don't see the problem with the glove box ? But it seems US model's got a different logic. Anyway, to store masks, it's ok.
T.Mazda, I also noticed vibrations in the left mirror at high speed.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
129 Posts
Lucky enough we don't get the annoying chimes with the UK spec cars, glove box is different to your spec too, we get no shelf. I assume you refer the top shelf as the parcel shelf inside the boot lid ( trunk ) that's standard here, I am in an auto and can move the car without putting my seatbelt on , can move my mums too and that's a manual. @Tama, @t.mazda yes i also have the vibrations on my drivers side mirror but obviously i am a RHD , no vibrations on the LHS

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium
81 Posts
I also am very unhappy about that if you try to put the car in drive or reverse, the parking brake stays on unless you have your seatbelt on. Which I get it..safety..but sometimes I drive my car to the dumpster, in my complex and I have to either push a button or fasten my safety belt I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it!!
You mean you have to release the parking brake before driving?
How is that any different from any other car?

Personally, I wouldn't want the car to automatically release the brakes unless I explicitly release them.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,191 Posts
"And I won't even say words that I feel about the center console/ armrest. I absolutely loathe it! You have to push then pull up, then raise then push and pull again for it 2 open or close. What happened to the good old just open and close"

"I also am very unhappy about that if you try to put the car in drive or reverse, the parking brake stays on unless you have your seatbelt on. Which I get it..safety..but sometimes I drive my car to the dumpster, in my complex and I have to either push a button or fasten my safety belt I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it!!"

come on, is this for real? 😲 oh, you poor guy, you have to push a button to drive the car, that must be so difficult (makes me wonder how you handled a vehicle with pull-hand brake, or even worse a foot brake)- no wonder the arm rest is so complicated for you - seriously?😁

Anyway they have the CX-50 coming up shortly so maybe that will solve all your "massive" complaints and you can trade it in.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
249 Posts
I am on my third Mazda. I have a 2020 black Mazda CX-30. I really really am very disappointed at the inside storage space or lack thereof. The glove box is not ergonomic for the driver and the passenger gets their knees knocked off whenever it does get opened. The Shelf can be removed but then you have a big sack kind of thing or ditch if you will. So nothing can actually stay put in the glove box everything moves around, if you take the shelf out. But if you leave the shelf in then you have to wiggle things around to get it to actually close. And I won't even say words that I feel about the center console/ armrest. I absolutely loathe it! You have to push then pull up, then raise then push and pull again for it 2 open or close. What happened to the good old just open and close. Then you have to purchase a top-shelf which was always included in my other Mazdas. I also am very unhappy about that if you try to put the car in drive or reverse, the parking brake stays on unless you have your seatbelt on. Which I get it..safety..but sometimes I drive my car to the dumpster, in my complex and I have to either push a button or fasten my safety belt I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it!! Anyways the car overall is decent.It's smaller than my Mazda 3, even with the seats down.. I really flubbed this decision. I should have just gone on ahead and got the Mazda 3 instead of the CX 30! I wanted something bigger and the sales guy was a super smooth talker recommended this one he said it's like a sporty tuxedo, LOL. However I guess I would describe it as that as well but only in the appearance. The functionality is not so great unfortunately. So I feel like that in the making of their cx-30 line they really missed a lot of everyday folks kind of things that people like or dislike.
I agree and have posted similar before. Other mazda products have bin style glove boxes so why not the cx30? It is too small and pretty sh"""y.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree and have posted similar before. Other mazda products have bin style glove boxes so why not the cx30? It is too small and pretty sh"""y.
I have to agree that the glovebox is kind of odd in its shape and size. I imagine that there is something behind that area of the dash that prevented them from making it big enough that it becomes a secondary "junk drawer" like the one that we have in our kitchen. That is how it was in our 2003 CR-V.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
271 Posts
You mean you have to release the parking brake before driving?
How is that any different from any other car?

Personally, I wouldn't want the car to automatically release the brakes unless I explicitly release them.
Haven’t decided if I like it yet, but I’ve gotten used to it and no big deal. But it is different. I never set the park brake with an automatic unless on a very steep hill. (Which I generally would avoid parking on if I had an option.) And certainly never had a car that did it for me.
And it will release on it’s own as long as the seat belt is buckled.
I also like the hold function in some traffic situations. I just turn it on when I want it though.

·
Registered
Mazda cx30 gt turbo 2021
29 Posts
"And I won't even say words that I feel about the center console/ armrest. I absolutely loathe it! You have to push then pull up, then raise then push and pull again for it 2 open or close. What happened to the good old just open and close"

"I also am very unhappy about that if you try to put the car in drive or reverse, the parking brake stays on unless you have your seatbelt on. Which I get it..safety..but sometimes I drive my car to the dumpster, in my complex and I have to either push a button or fasten my safety belt I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it!!"

come on, is this for real? 😲 oh, you poor guy, you have to push a button to drive the car, that must be so difficult (makes me wonder how you handled a vehicle with pull-hand brake, or even worse a foot brake)- no wonder the arm rest is so complicated for you - seriously?😁

Anyway they have the CX-50 coming up shortly so maybe that will solve all your "massive" complaints and you can trade it in.
Man i love your reply ! Tough days 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2021 CX30, Black on Black, AWD
37 Posts
Not a single thing wrong or that I would change in my 2021 S model...since i did my research, looked at serveal models in showroom, drove a few and knew exactly what I wanted and got exactly what I wanted...all for $15K and my 2012 Mazda 3 for a trade. 6k miles later...not a thing has gone wrong or complaint. Ho hmmmmmm

·
Registered
'21 Turbo Premium Plus (On Order)
95 Posts
When I started shopping for my next vehicle, I had a tough list of boxes to check. I probably looked at 20 - 30 different makes and models trying to find one that ticked them all. There weren't many that got past the first round:

• Must be "sporty" (HP, TQ, 0-60, etc)
  • Must be "off-roady" (AWD, high clearance)
  • Must seat 4 (2 adults, 2 children)
  • Must have more cargo space than a sedan
  • Must be compact or subcompact
  • Must be reliable (dependable, inexpensive maint.)
  • Must have average (or better) MPG
  • Must look good 🕶
  • Must be under ~$35,000

There were many that ticked a lot of these boxes, but were either too underpowered, too big, too expensive, etc.

This is why I was so excited when the CX-30 came out with a turbo. It had otherwise ticked all the other boxes for me except performance, like a few others. So with that option it was basically the only vehicle that made it through the gauntlet.

The other features like premium interior, Bose, 360 cameras, et al we're a bonus at that point - nevermind glovebox space or the other minutiae. I suppose it's a good thing that, out of everything, only these little details standout as "problems". If you had real problems with the car, I don't think these type of issues would even be on your radar.

For me, the only concern is that back seat space. My wife is small, my one child is small, we'll give it a test in the next 30 days when my no-questions-asked return policy expires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hear about your regret over the decision to buy a CX-30. I'm too embarrassed to admit how much I spent on a couple of leather chairs, so I can't image feeling the same way about a car. If you hold onto your cars for many years, it might be worth selling it and buying a -3. At current used car prices, being happy with your car might be worth the loss spread out over many years.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
91 Posts
My CX-30 has lots of room, but then again my other vehicle is a MX-5 with minimum room.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts