Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have two items listed on the MyMazda app, SSPC4 "CX-30 Bose Speaker noise" and SSPC5 "Reprogram Control Unit". Information has been posted here for the Bose speaker issue, but I haven't found any information on the SSPC5 Reprogram Control Unit issue. Does anyone have any information for this? The pending Recall for the Power Lift gate problem is not showing up yet in the app which doesn't surprise me as the NHTSA web site status for this is "Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available".

Cheers

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
237 Posts
I just looked and have both of these. What even is the issue?

***Regardless, I scheduled the repairs. That makes 4 recalls in the first year of ownership. (y)

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
263 Posts
Might just be me, but if Mazda/Dealer does not inform me, no problem...unless of course it is a defect.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
270 Posts
Might just be me, but if Mazda/Dealer does not inform me, no problem...unless of course it is a defect.
Might just be me, but if I was aware of a potential recall for my car I'd be checking with my local dealer - not waiting for him to get round to contacting me. I'd also be checking with my Mazda recalls site to see with my VIN if my car was part of the recall.

In the UK: Mazda Recall Information | Mazda UK

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
128 Posts
I now have two items listed on the MyMazda app, SSPC4 "CX-30 Bose Speaker noise" and SSPC5 "Reprogram Control Unit". Information has been posted here for the Bose speaker issue, but I haven't found any information on the SSPC5 Reprogram Control Unit issue. Does anyone have any information for this? The pending Recall for the Power Lift gate problem is not showing up yet in the app which doesn't surprise me as the NHTSA web site status for this is "Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available".

Cheers
I did some research... and it appears SSPC5 is an update to make the Mazda Radar Cruise control have smoother braking operation.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I’m at my dealer now, for the two SSPC’s. The service advisor wasn’t sure if they had the Bose update yet but said the tech would check. This dealership sends you a video by the tech (typically when they’re done) but this time he did one before, saying that the SSPC5 update was addressing a “number of issue including climate control, security system and battery drain issues”.

I’ll follow up when it’s done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both SSPC4 and SSPC5 were done. The recall for the hatch strut issue showed up for me if a used the recall check on the Mazda website, but not on the Mazda app. I asked about it when I brought in my car and they said the “recall hadn’t been released yet” which was what the website notice implied, so that will be a future visit. I’m still interested in finding out more about what the SSPC5 control module update addressed.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
237 Posts
Both SSPC4 and SSPC5 were done. The recall for the hatch strut issue showed up for me if a used the recall check on the Mazda website, but not on the Mazda app. I asked about it when I brought in my car and they said the “recall hadn’t been released yet” which was what the website notice implied, so that will be a future visit. I’m still interested in finding out more about what the SSPC5 control module update addressed.
How can we verify the update was done? Is there a version update we can see? Did the dealer not tell you exactly what SSPC5 entailed? My appt is on Friday.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately I had to get home quickly so I didn’t try to talk to the Tech after my car was done. Hopefully you’ll get some more information on Friday. Please share if you do. I did find a discussion on the mazda3revolution forum that appeared to be talking about a similar update for the 3’s.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
3 Posts
I experienced the flat battery issue twice now.

Dealer told me there were 3 recalls from Mazda Canada. Had them done.

Hear are the deets:

SSPC4 LOUD STATIC NOISE
Verified AMP (audio amp?) needed update so it was done. Not likely the issue causing the battery drain.

SSPC5 MULTIPLE CONTROL MODULE
Reprogrammed with MDRT3.

4621B power liftgate. This was for the sudden closing on a slope issue I believe. My motors did not need replacing but reprogramming with MDRT3 was done.

service tech likely the MCM but maybe also the liftgate still drawing current when the car is off.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
I did not have a battery problem but had the software update done today to rectify this situation.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was able to see the description of the three items addressed with the SSCS5 update.
1) eliminated possibility of the climate control system not going to sleep, which could result in battery drain.
2) changed the programming of the MRCC to make braking and acceleration less jerky
3) addressed possibility of Theft deterrent system from activating improperly

·
Administrator
270 Posts
I was able to see the description of the three items addressed with the SSCS5 update.
1) eliminated possibility of the climate control system not going to sleep, which could result in battery drain.
2) changed the programming of the MRCC to make braking and acceleration less jerky
3) addressed possibility of Theft deterrent system from activating improperly
That is a fairly fundamental set of fixes!

I note that the people in this thread are based in Canada and the USA. Have any other members had the same updates from different regions? If not, it may be worth contacting dealers to ask if we need these updates in other markets (like Europe, Asia, Australia etc.)

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
58 Posts
Has anyone seen a technical description of the MDRT3, or even know what the acronym means? The dealer had only received the device about 10 days ago. In the old days each module would be updated from the a laptop one module at a time and depending on the size of the update could take over an hour. The technician, after connecting a stabilized power supply to the battery, used the laptop to prepare the car for updating by ensuring there are no DTCs present, then disconnected the the laptop from the diagnostic port and connected the MDRT3 and about 8 minutes later all done.
Got it----Mazda Diagnostic Repair Tool

·
Administrator
270 Posts
SSPC4 and SSPC5 info with affected VINs for each issue (Battery concern, MRCC concern & Theft-Deterrent system concern):
Thanks for this.

It would seem that SSPC4 applies to US Mazda CX-30s
Also SSPC5 looks to apply to US Mazda 3s and US Mazda CX-30s.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 AWD GSL Polymetal Grey
12 Posts
I brought in my 2021 GS this morning for servicing after a slight rattling noise. This rattle can be heard while the car is in park or at a full stop, turns out it was the under heat shield bent and touching the exhaust due to reversing over ice or thick snow. The repair took about15 minutes total, but to my surprise there was a SSPC5 recall on my car the update took roughly 30 minutes and free of charge.
I would suggest everyone living in Canada to call their dealer regarding this specific recall

good luck!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech SkyActiv-X : Soul Red
31 Posts
That is a fairly fundamental set of fixes!

I note that the people in this thread are based in Canada and the USA. Have any other members had the same updates from different regions? If not, it may be worth contacting dealers to ask if we need these updates in other markets (like Europe, Asia, Australia etc.)
Hi Savcom, UK member here. Had to call out Mazda Roadside Assistance for the second time. Both times, with the same issue, the vehicle failed to start.

The first time (05-Feb-2021) I was vacuuming the inside of the car and while cleaning the boot, the power tailgate was stuck in the up position. When I tried to start the vehicle, it would not start. When the Roadside Assistance technician attended, he explained that the power tailgate used a lot of power and after sitting on the driveway for the past week, I had managed to drain the battery. After checking the condition/state of the battery, he restarted the vehicle, using a power bank and allowed it to recharge naturally.

The second time (06-Mar-2021) I washed the car. Learning from my previous experience, I started the car and let it run for close to an hour before switching off the ignition, while continuing with the clean. After around 2 hours I locked the car, however it failed to start when I next went to use it.

Luckily the same Technician attended and explained that he had received a bulletin regarding “battery drain” and that I needed to contact the dealership to arrange for the modules to be updated. He added that ours was the 5th Mazda he had seen recently (3's & CX-30's).

Contacted the dealership and it was booked in (09-Mar-2021). The update took 30mins, no obvious changes and due to COVID we aren't driving the vehicle so it's difficult to tell.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts