Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I had the same problem with both my key fobs, I had to press my key fob on the starter before every trip , the issue was solved by pressing the lock button 4 times rapidly, then once for one and half seconds .
I tried my second fob while sitting in my car ,it sound ridiculous but it worked on my car .
Best of luck
Buzz

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I bought a CX-30 2 days ago and the car already started giving me headaches The car doesn’t recognize the key and won’t start on top of that none of the locks work and the rear door doesn’t open. Anyone have a clue what that might be or have experience the same issues?
I have exactly the same issue and was researching. My car has less than 500 miles. It appears to happen when I leave my key in thy car and then I try to start it. Maybe you have to take the key with you?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,393 Posts
I have exactly the same issue and was researching. My car has less than 500 miles. It appears to happen when I leave my key in thy car and then I try to start it. Maybe you have to take the key with you?
baffled as to why you would ever leave your key in your vehicle when you are not in it. However, pretty well anywhere inside the vehicle is the operating range of your FOB and is constantly picking up a signal, so unless you put it into the power saving function (see under KEYS in your owners manual) it will be continually trying to connect to your car.

Reactions: agentSmith

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe this TSB is applicable to some of the cases mentioned in this thread.
There is a similar issue affecting the mazda3. I have an issue as well but just where sporadically my advanced keyless entry doesn't unlock the drivers door when I put my hand inside the handle.

There isn't a service bulletin for the cx30 but there is for the 3. Not sure if the same as the one posted just before my 2 cents.

My dealership just told me they've sent a request to Mazda Canada to repair due to the cx30 and mazda3 sharing the same keyless entry Components. They're going to let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I bought a CX-30 2 days ago and the car already started giving me headaches The car doesn’t recognize the key and won’t start on top of that none of the locks work and the rear door doesn’t open. Anyone have a clue what that might be or have experience the same issues?
We purchased our 2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo in November and this is an issue. Sometimes it starts no problem and other times it says the key fob isn't there. Mazda dealer gave us another fob but it still happens off and on. Very frustrating. We're also lucky enough to have one of the oil consumption issue ones. So happy with the new almost $40k vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We purchased our 2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo in November and this is an issue. Sometimes it starts no problem and other times it says the key fob isn't there. Mazda dealer gave us another fob but it still happens off and on. Very frustrating. We're also lucky enough to have one of the oil consumption issue ones. So happy with the new almost $40k vehicle.
That's interesting because I only have the issue in mine where it just won't unlock when you grab the drivers door handle. Sporadically.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
63 Posts
Just to throw in my experience, I have not had any issues with starting but it isn't unusual for the car to do nothing when I have the fob on my person and touch the door handle to unlock the car. I have to physically just touch the fob again and that works every time. No idea why this is :unsure: Perhaps the fob goes to sleep, bless it:sleep:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey everyone.
Not sure about the usa or other countries but the TSB my dealership used to order my parts is:
TSB 09-21-38
From the Mazda3 as ot has the same equipment as the CX30

This is for the failing to lock or unlock using the sensors in the door handles. Idk anything about failing to start.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts