Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, just letting you know here have been a few CX-30's (2020) emitting a loud Static Noise through Bose Sound System.
It is related to the Bose Amp.
Mazda is aware of it, in some cases they suggest a new Amp replacement, but apparently it has been an intermittent fault in the Amp's Firmware code by Bose.
Bose are apparently working on a Firmware Update File for Dealers to run to resolve this issue. being intermittent means it could be hard to reproduce (show to your Dealer).
Apparently this firmware fix will be available in about a month, Mazda will know more then and I am sure a dealer will run the updated file even if you can't reproduce them the sound....still early days.

HERE Below in link is the small .kwi Audio update file and instructions.
It is the EXACT Same File for all the World with CX-30 and Bose Amp with noise.

Audio noise fix

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this happen to me, scared the hell out of me. Only way I could get it to stop was to pull the fuse under the hood for the radio. Doesn't sound like it damaged any speakers but you never know. It actually hurt my ears it was so loud.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is quite loud....should be sorted soon, Mazda won't desert you. :)
Even IF you do not hear it again, report it to your Mazda Dealer, in a few months there will be a fix and IF it is just a USB Firmware update or some other serial plug in device (Dealer ONLY) the Dealer will do it, just say it happened a few times and what you did to stop it.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
97 Posts
Because Google Translate or any other translate program/website and cut and paste doesn't work for you Thomas? The German PDF with instructions is in the next post there and screenshot are already in English. Takes less time than going to your dealer I guess.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Because Google Translate or any other translate program/website and cut and paste doesn't work for you Thomas? The German PDF with instructions is in the next post there and screenshot are already in English. Takes less time than going to your dealer I guess.
And in less time which it probably took you to write that reply Ronnie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, just letting you know here have been a few CX-30's (2020) emitting a loud Static Noise through Bose Sound System.
Mazda is aware of it, in some cases they suggest a new Amp replacement, but apparently it has been an intermittent fault in the Amp's Firmware code by Bose.
Bose are apparently working on a Firmware Update File for Dealers to run to resolve this issue. being intermittent means it could be hard to reproduce (show to your Dealer).
Apparently this firmware fix will be available in about a month, Mazda will know more then and I am sure a dealer will run the updated file even if you can't reproduce them the sound....still early days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have same issue. The dealership did fix etc. still didn’t fix it. After over a week of them trying to figure out it seems it’s the center control knob that is causing the noise. still waiting for part to come in to see if this truly fixes it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They finally fixed this by having to replace the CMU and the tuning button. Factory reset, updates did not. So far so good.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Replaced CMU and Commander Knob Really?, Sorry but to me the dealer just threw new parts to try and fix it.
The Bose Amp Software update is still active to this day on Mazda site in EU and US.
The fix was from Bose for the Bose Amp which is separate to CMU... yes CMU is the main Hardware centre for all the control of info.
But thanks good yours is OK now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this happen to me, scared the hell out of me. Only way I could get it to stop was to pull the fuse under the hood for the radio. Doesn't sound like it damaged any speakers but you never know. It actually hurt my ears it was so loud.
This just happened to me yesterday January 12, 2021 in my new Mazda CX 30 2021 automobile. It freaked the hell out of me and when I called my dealer he said he didn’t know anything of this problem. That’s a bunch of crap. I thought the car was going to blow up. Thank you for your report.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Replaced CMU and Commander Knob Really?, Sorry but to me the dealer just threw new parts to try and fix it.
The Bose Amp Software update is still active to this day on Mazda site in EU and US.
The fix was from Bose for the Bose Amp which is separate to CMU... yes CMU is the main Hardware centre for all the control of info.
But thanks good yours is OK now.
This Bose blowout sound HAS NOT been repaired or recalled because it happened to me the other day in my brand new Mazda CX 30 2021 here in the US.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Audio noise fix
Just letting everybody know who has a brand new 2021 Mazda CX 30 here in the United States this Bose blow out sound will happen and it will freak you out. I thought the car was going to explode. I was afraid to get in and try to drive the car. I’m not quite sure after 10 minutes of this noise anything has been damaged???

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
97 Posts
Unfortunately getting a brand new car doesn't automatically mean it has al the latest software fixes. So I suggest to check and if needed update the software, instructions and file in the start post link.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Audio noise fix
They have updated mine, replaced the Amp and still having problems. Taking it in for the 3rd time in the 4 months I’ve had the car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This Bose blowout sound HAS NOT been repaired or recalled because it happened to me the other day in my brand new Mazda CX 30 2021 here in the US.
WHO said it was REPAIRED,
Understand what a RECALL is, it is for Safety ONLY, THIS IS NOT A RECALL.
IF you have this issue you can TRY the UPDATE FIX yourself, or take car to your DEALER.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts