Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just letting you know here have been a few CX-30's (2020) emitting a loud Static Noise through Bose Sound System.
It is related to the Bose Amp.
Mazda is aware of it, in some cases they suggest a new Amp replacement, but apparently it has been an intermittent fault in the Amp's Firmware code by Bose.
Bose are apparently working on a Firmware Update File for Dealers to run to resolve this issue. being intermittent means it could be hard to reproduce (show to your Dealer).
Apparently this firmware fix will be available in about a month, Mazda will know more then and I am sure a dealer will run the updated file even if you can't reproduce them the sound....still early days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this happen to me, scared the hell out of me. Only way I could get it to stop was to pull the fuse under the hood for the radio. Doesn't sound like it damaged any speakers but you never know. It actually hurt my ears it was so loud.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is quite loud....should be sorted soon, Mazda won't desert you. :)
Even IF you do not hear it again, report it to your Mazda Dealer, in a few months there will be a fix and IF it is just a USB Firmware update or some other serial plug in device (Dealer ONLY) the Dealer will do it, just say it happened a few times and what you did to stop it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts