Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 FWD Sport, Deep Crystal Blue Mica
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tires came with your CX-30?

Mine came with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 050 215/55R18 tires.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
705 Posts
2020 GS - Bridgestone Turanza 215/55R18

Reactions: Wessex

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
77 Posts
Toyo Proxes... I'll find out the exact model and update.

My 2010 Mazda 3 also had Toyos.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
The Bridgestone Turanzas, though not my ideal tire, worked magnificently in the high and very icy mountain passes of Yellowstone this past June.
Worked very well for me as well on a Highway with a torrential rain and the highway had 1/2 inch of water covering it back in beginning of October. I could tho really feel the AWD working it's magic.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'll happily avoid low profile tyres by buying a lower spec model
With the very harsh and abundant snow fall winters we have here vin northern part of Canada.. I have to use winter tires for safety reasons so the stock tires seem to be ok during summer and fall. I did hit a pot hole 2 week's after getting the vehicle and thought the world worst on the low profile tires and so made a trip to the dealership for a inspection and wes surprise everything was okay.

·
Registered
698 Posts
With the very harsh and abundant snow fall winters we have here vin northern part of Canada.. I have to use winter tires for safety reasons so the stock tires seem to be ok during summer and fall. I did hit a pot hole 2 week's after getting the vehicle and thought the world worst on the low profile tires and so made a trip to the dealership for a inspection and wes surprise everything was okay.
Funny thing .. same thing happened to me two weeks after I got mine .. back to the dealership I went for a inspection and yah same alignment was good on the rack and everything checked out good .. only cost me 75 but for the inspection of peace of mind.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
I have the Bridgestone Turenzas too. Not my favourite (I prefer Michelins) but they seem OK in the 1000 miles or so I've driven the car.

They didn't do too badly in a recent test:

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
77 Posts
TOYO PROXES R56

Toyo’s Proxes R56 is an original equipment tyre for the Mazda CX-30 Evolve, Touring and Astina models released in 2020.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
35 Posts
Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 050
Seem ok and happy to run with them over summer before fitting my favourite Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season before winter

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the Bridgestone Turenzas too. Not my favourite (I prefer Michelins) but they seem OK in the 1000 miles or so I've driven the car.

They didn't do too badly in a recent test:
Savcom
FIRST PAGE
I have been back to my introduction page to see if any thing was missing
may be i forgot to enter "SAVE " which i did today.

TIRES.
I have spent zillians of hours looking at reviews and statistics on all standard tires suitable for the CX 30 , I hit many brick walls.

Ref Michelin tires.
If you decide at some later time to change your tires and should you decide not to change your wheels and tire size
I found two MICHELIN A/S tires which you may like " Defender T+H "and " Premier A/S" both tires are availavle at 215 /55/R18
On a personal note.
I have decided not to change tire size and or wheel size on the CX30.
50 year ago I may have done that my decision was based on improving ............. Quality .
I almost decided on the Defender T.+H. its a racing tire, then i saw a you tube review that showed thin side walls , the guy bent the side wall up by hand, I realize that air pressure maintains tire stability .
I am not will to take the chance , i put that question to Tire Rack I got the reply answer " I have not heard of that " my final decision is Michelin Prenmier A/S and I told my wife I don't care what they cost, because good tires are cheep insurance.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
7 Posts
2021 Premier Plus. Came with the Bridgestone Turanza EL440. I am no tire expert, but these seem to be really decent tires. Quiet and handle nicely.

·
Registered
54 Posts
2021 Premier Plus. Came with the Bridgestone Turanza EL440. I am no tire expert, but these seem to be really decent tires. Quiet and handle nicely.
Premium I believe.

Have P+ also, same tires. Don't have many miles on mine, but ride quite nice (Duh? I'd have bought if it didn't?) - which that tire model is designed to do. Car has 5* Government Safety Rating with those tires. Net, see no reason to change.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts