Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....when first starting the car (GT Sport) and moving off, I intermittently hear a single chime which seems to come from the rear left speaker. It started happening a while ago. It's not anything to do with the outside temp as it's about 12c at the moment. No warning lights or messages so hopefully nothing to worry about.
I've been through the manual, but that wasn't a lot of help.
As an aside, I have recently fitted a front and rear dashcam (not hard wired, just plugged into 12v socket). Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Thanks,
Clive

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
64 Posts
I have a similar problem, really annoying, and have tried every setting in an attempt to remove it. I also suspected it may be the 12v socket wired front only dash cam. I switched off the dash cam but it is still there, so my next outing I will switch off my phone to determine if this is the problem, otherwise it will be another trip to the dealer for their comments.

My sound appears to be from the front offside speaker, strange.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
@jonceebee - I've not noticed any chimes in mine - apart from when it gets colder - and I have the same model as you.

@cliveg13 - If you update your profile with your CX-30 model details maybe we can deduce it's only happening to certain models?

It's odd that the noise is 'nearside' (left side in UK) for the OP and 'offside' (right side) for @jonceebee. Could it be related to parking sensors perhaps? Were the sensors dirty?
Another thought - Is it the rear radar picking up cars in your blind spots? Does your head-up display show a warning or the door mirrors flash too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@jonceebee - I've not noticed any chimes in mine - apart from when it gets colder - and I have the same model as you.

@cliveg13 - If you update your profile with your CX-30 model details maybe we can deduce it's only happening to certain models?

The model is a CX-30 GT Sport Auto Skyactiv-x 2020 model

It's odd that the noise is 'nearside' (left side in UK) for the OP and 'offside' (right side) for @jonceebee. Could it be related to parking sensors perhaps? Were the sensors dirty?
Another thought - Is it the rear radar picking up cars in your blind spots? Does your head-up display show a warning or the door mirrors flash too?

None of the above

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 AWD Soul Red Crystal
4 Posts
Hi. New member here. Not sure if this helps, but a few days after I got my car, I installed front and rear dashcams. And I did get those intermittent chimes.

Turns out, my dashcams were too "sensitive". Which means, even going over harmless bumps would produce the chimes. Once I lowered the sensitivity in my dashcams' app, no more chimes.

·
Administrator
432 Posts
Hi. New member here. Not sure if this helps, but a few days after I got my car, I installed front and rear dashcams. And I did get those intermittent chimes.

Turns out, my dashcams were too "sensitive". Which means, even going over harmless bumps would produce the chimes. Once I lowered the sensitivity in my dashcams' app, no more chimes.
So is it your Dashcams that are producing the chimes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi kruheh...what dashcam do you have? Mine's a Nextbase 522GW with rear cam. Not sure if there is a sensitivity option on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks... I think it's the sensitivity of the G-Sensor on mine, after checking the manual. I'll see what it's set to.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I mentioned this problem to the dealer during the first service, they drove around kept hearing the chime, removed the dashcam plug socket, the sound was still there, switched off my phone, still there. They reset the connect system to factory defaults and no difference, so they said the next action would be to raise it with Mazda and they will report back to me.
Yesterday I decided to do some investigations myself, so I removed the SatNav card and set off again, would you believe no chime at all during 5 mile journey. I put the card in my computer, did a properties search on it and a message came up stating there was a fault on the card, would I like to repair it. Went to tools/error checking and windows explorer repaired it. I put the card back in the car, Sat/Nav was working ok and set off on a longer 12 mile trip, wonderful not a single chime and everything back to normal. I spoke to the dealer this morning advising them of my findings, and laughably they said this was the next thing they would ask me to try...... UK dealers are a joke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi again...I have changed the G-sensor from medium to low...still getting the chime. I've also checked the card on my PC...no errors, but reformatted anyway.

I am reluctant to change the G-sensor to off, as this will not save any video in the event of an impact.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi again...I have changed the G-sensor from medium to low...still getting the chime. I've also checked the card on my PC...no errors, but reformatted anyway.

I am reluctant to change the G-sensor to off, as this will not save any video in the event of an impact.
Hi Clive, You checked and formatted the Dash Cam card, what I did was take out the Mazda Sat/Nav card, the one in the middle centre console. Try this in your P.C. you may find it is corrupted as mine was, I believe this happened when I recently updated the Mazda maps. Using the tools in windows rectified the problem,
I had to drive out for my Covid Jab today a round 30 mile trip and not a single chime, I am once again appreciating the car.

·
Administrator
432 Posts
Yesterday I decided to do some investigations myself, so I removed the SatNav card and set off again, would you believe no chime at all during 5 mile journey. I put the card in my computer, did a properties search on it and a message came up stating there was a fault on the card, would I like to repair it. Went to tools/error checking and windows explorer repaired it. I put the card back in the car, Sat/Nav was working ok and set off on a longer 12 mile trip, wonderful not a single chime and everything back to normal.
What an unusual fault - and why would the 'car' try to tell you in such an odd way! Was there anything in the 'vehicle information screen' about not reading the sat nav card?

Well done in your detective work, by the way. (y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts