Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX30 AWD Turbo Premium+ (Soul Red/White)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here.... did a search and didn't see this topic listed.

Is there a place where suggestions are captured? Anyone know if MazdaUSA reads out posts?

A few suggestions
1. When selecting Reverse, one side mirror tilts down (if selected). The choice of mirror depends on selection of the mirror adjustment switch. If the driver mirror is selected then that's the one that tilts down, passenger side selected then that one moves. Neither selected the no mirror moves. I'd like to see an option to set both or none.
2. Driver settings for side mirrors and seat positions are programmable for 2 drivers. Why not add the heads up display to that list? Dash configuration settings too?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
574 Posts

Is there a place where suggestions are captured?
There is now! 😎 (y)

I edited the thread title accordingly.

Anyone know if MazdaUSA reads out posts?
I'm not aware that any Mazda employee reads or is a member of this forum, officially or unofficially.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
40 Posts

Is there a place where suggestions are captured? Anyone know if MazdaUSA reads out posts?

A few suggestions
1. When selecting Reverse, one side mirror tilts down (if selected). The choice of mirror depends on selection of the mirror adjustment switch. If the driver mirror is selected then that's the one that tilts down, passenger side selected then that one moves. Neither selected the no mirror moves. I'd like to see an option to set both or none.
2. Driver settings for side mirrors and seat positions are programmable for 2 drivers. Why not add the heads up display to that list? Dash configuration settings too?
Agreed! Both should tilt down. Having only one tilt down is useless. Also…more storage space both in the hatch area (under floor?) and in the center console. the console bin is sufficiently large but the itty bitty tray for a phone in front of the cup holders is laughable…also. Bin type glove box pls mazda! The slot one is fairly small and not usable much. Non n. American markets get the bin style. Why not us?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
574 Posts
If we're going to have a suggestions thread, can I ask that posters either place their suggestions in separate posts, or make sure their posts show each suggestion as a new paragraph, or use bullet points (unordered lists). Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 CX30 AWD Turbo Premium+ (Soul Red/White)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another suggestion (my 3rd)
3. The warning chime for seatbelts could start after a slight delay (maybe 10 sec). That would let you get in and start the car (AC or Heat or Open windows) before the assault on your ears begin. Maybe start out at half volume for a slight delay too.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
11 Posts

A few suggestions
I’m with you on the reverse mirror tilt suggestion. It much better reflects what you need in practice 👍🏻

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
47 Posts
The heads up display adjusts with my seat and mirrors. Wondering if this is a setting or if different for other markets.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
21 Posts
The heads up display adjusts with my seat and mirrors. Wondering if this is a setting or if different for other markets.
Mine does as well on the Turbo Premium package.

·
Registered
2012, Kia Optima SX
3 Posts
I'd want a switch to toggle between rear looking and side looking. Down is not useful in my mind. Rear looking is nice when backing up, but on the road, side looking eliminates the blond spot. What's the point of having 3 rear view mirrors if you aren't hauling anything? Edit: nah it's funnier not correcting it lol

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
149 Posts
For the power liftgate this vehicle absolutely needs a proximity or kick sensor to allow opening it without using the keyfob button or the hatch switch. Otherwise it cannot be opened with your hands full, and without that ability, what's the point in the power feature?

Cooled seats (at least for pleather/leather interiors).

Anything that can be stored electronically should be part of the two programmable buttons for the seat and mirrors including all head unit settings (favourites, audio settings, heads-up, etc.).

Replace all of the piano black interior pieces with something like a black, brushed aluminum (even if it's fake). Piano black anything on car interiors always looks like ass unless you like to constantly dust and deal with scratches.

More storage cubbies and recessed hooks for holding bags and stuff in the hatch area.

Charging ports for the rear passengers (a couple of USB ports back there are not a lot to ask for).

Euro height springs. The NA models look too tall and I doubt very many people are actually taking this thing off-road.

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
88 Posts
12v socket in the boot

Select exactly which safety systems are on and the settings remain on restart

Aircon smells. Don't know if the mazda does it, my my last car would blow the fans for a while after I switched the car off. I assume this was to avoid the smell.

Inbuilt recording dash cam. This can't be that hard.

Customisable Google carplay screen. I want my navigation full screen. This could be a Google thing though.

Cancel button on the steering wheel that will clear any speed / cruise settings you might have dialled in.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 SkyActiv-X 180 FWD Luxury (2020) Sunroof, and a lot more
30 Posts
I would like to see more stability in the software. My wife and I have their own key. Occasionally seats and mirror are not moving into the stored position.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
79 Posts
Automatic software updates so I don't have to beg the dealer for an update.
When we do updates on any vehicle one of our concerns is that system power could drop to a point that could trigger an unintended response from one if the modules. An example might be system voltage low enough that the ABS or SIR system faults for low voltage and starts talking on the data bus, or the BCM commands something off as part of a load shedding strategy. To prevent that we add a power supply to maintain system voltage during the update to try to prevent accidently bricking a module. Someday we expect to not need to do that, but for now as far as we know we have to be careful about this.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 SkyActiv-X 180 FWD Luxury (2020) Sunroof, and a lot more
30 Posts
When we do updates on any vehicle one of our concerns is that system power could drop to a point that could trigger an unintended response from one if the modules. An example might be system voltage low enough that the ABS or SIR system faults for low voltage and starts talking on the data bus, or the BCM commands something off as part of a load shedding strategy. To prevent that we add a power supply to maintain system voltage during the update to try to prevent accidently bricking a module. Someday we expect to not need to do that, but for now as far as we know we have to be careful about this.
Agreed, besides that, if I don't have any problems, I don't need updates. But of course, that's my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Preferred AWD, sonic silver
23 Posts
Should be able to disable the automatic parking brake set every time the car gets started. it is annoying, and no other car does it.

On every other car I have owned, I can see both the trip odometer, and the full odometer at the same time. Should not have to toggle between them.

As mentioned above, lose the black, gloss plastic that gets scratches just by looking at it as mentioned above. Would prefer a textured plastic, such as a fake carbon fiber like in the Crosstrek.

Upgrade the transmission to an 8 spd to improve fuel economy and performance.

On the infotainment screen, less bezel, and use the entire area for the display.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
47 Posts
Maybe you are disappointed and this is not the car for you? That’s ok! Now at least you have some criteria when car shopping. For me I know that a lot of compromises have to be made when positioning a car. For me the only thing that disappoints me is the torsion bar rear suspension when Mazda has a perfectly good one (but hard to incorporate on an AWD setup. Maybe. ).

I keep thinking the 1st gen Mazda 6 had one of the best ride / handling compromises that told me this is the Japanese BMW.

I understand the challenges of being a small manufacturer that is still developing innovation that makes it special ( kudos Mazda ! I love you!) and without the resources of the big players (VW, Toyota, GM, Ford) is astounding.

I’m going to continue to support the company because if it were to disappear the options would be boring as f*ck.

You might have been better off with a Crosstrek and good on Subaru! Playing in the same league as Mazda as the only real alternative to the CX-30 was quite the accomplishment. Very different cars but the choice for most people in this segment comes down to the CX-30 and the Crosstrek.

This should say a lot about these cars and what people are shopping for…both of these leave the competition in the dust and define what the category really is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts