Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scared myself half to death watching YouTube videos about blocked draining tubes on car sunroofs.

Having never owned a car yet with one (GT Sport Tech hopefully soon) I was just wondering if the sunroof and its dependancies gets examined during a service routine?

Don't see any comments on existing issues regarding the above in this forum so fingers crossed things have improved technology wise so leaks are few and far in between.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
56 Posts
I had this issue with my '87 Acura Legend as I did with the condensate line in my '84 Scirocco. In both cases, the solution was compressed air to clear out the line.

This does not work with T-Tops.

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
34 Posts
I have two Mazdas besides my current new CX-30. I bought both new and each have a power sunroof. My Millenia (aka Xedos 9) is a 2000 model and my "3" is a 2006. I've done little more than keep the glass clean, with the roof open I'll wipe around the opening and occasionally I'll wipe the rubber edging with some sort of silicone spray. I've never had an issue with either of them leaking or failing to open/close. I've never opened them that much though. They've been fairly foolproof. Now that I say this, something will happen. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
53 Posts
Not like keeping the drains clear on my Miata. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have two Mazdas besides my current new CX-30. I bought both new and each have a power sunroof. My Millenia (aka Xedos 9) is a 2000 model and my "3" is a 2006. I've done little more than keep the glass clean, with the roof open I'll wipe around the opening and occasionally I'll wipe the rubber edging with some sort of silicone spray. I've never had an issue with either of them leaking or failing to open/close. I've never opened them that much though. They've been fairly foolproof. Now that I say this, something will happen. :rolleyes:
This is the best way. Every year, ideally before winter, just go around and clean up all the rubber seals with a rag and some silicon spray. It is $5 and will last you a lifetime. Keeps all the seals nice and fresh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts