Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
An observation I can make though before replacement is that I haven't experienced the noise on any journey since the outside air temperature has dropped below 20 degrees, So my feeling is that it is hot ambient air temperature related? therefore we may not know if replacing the supercharger has cured the issue for good until we go into spring and summer next year.?
Looking promising. However the supercharger on mine started making the noise in December 2020 and was replaced in January 2021 so that one definitely wasn't related to warmer outside air. And I found that it wasn't just about getting to engine temperature, either. I had to go about 20 minutes beyond that - then once the supercharger drive/supercharger itself had got hot, the squeaking then started... And sometimes it was a bit intermittent. So persistence is required.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking promising. However the supercharger on mine started making the noise in December 2020 and was replaced in January 2021 so that one definitely wasn't related to warmer outside air. And I found that it wasn't just about getting to engine temperature, either. I had to go about 20 minutes beyond that - then once the supercharger drive/supercharger itself had got hot, the squeaking then started... And sometimes it was a bit intermittent. So persistence is required.
I mean for sure the experience of this squeaking noise could be different between cars and driving?. I simply first heard it on a long drive home from a holiday in Scotland early August and then a number of times after that where the noise appeared around 40 or 50 miles into a journey but doing that same or similar journey's since the end of September the noise wouldn't manifest itself.

Once it starts happening though, its there for the remainder of the journey and to my mind anyway is often accompanied by a feint clicking sound as though something (a solenoid or mech of some sort?) is kicking in and out?. The thing is as I pointed out to my dealer ( who originally dismissed my complaint as it being a normal noise for a skyactiv X engine!) Even though it happens on a light touch of the throttle pedal and is there for no more than a second each time, It's a distraction and therefore a potential safety issue while driving.

I had been reluctant to allow my dealer techs to drive the car for a long journey as I couldn't reproduce it myself at present and therefore that would just have been a waste of mileage and petrol!, so I had resigned myself to having to wait until it got more persistent before anything would be done about it. Therefore actually very pleasantly surprised that in my case at least Mazda UK are being proactive in replacing the parts they believe are causing the issue.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts