Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night I got the following message" Vehicle system malfunction. Have the vehicle inspected" it was displayed with the associated triangle with exclamation symbol ...any thoughts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last night I got the following message" Vehicle system malfunction. Have the vehicle inspected" it was displayed with the associated triangle with exclamation symbol ...any thoughts
I had the same message on my display. It disappeared by itself after couple of days. Called the dealership and they said it may have been be due to a low battery. The car was still new, and I'd done a lot of urban driving, so possibly made sense. Maybe take it on a long drive. Hopefully it goes away, else take it to the dealership I'd say. Good luck!

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto
15 Posts
I have just had my CPU updated after the battery was continually going flat, which often also showed this message. The dealer changed the battery for a new one, but the problem continued and was so bad I had to purchase a jump starter battery pack. After complaining twice to Mazda Head Office, they finally contacted my dealer and instructed them to update the CPU with brand new software just released, so far so good no flat battery after four days, but the car does not seem the same, the engine now appears to have more acceleration noise and it is also hanging onto gears for a longer period, similar to what happens when you engage the auto Sport mode.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what caused it but this afternoon when I started it the message was gone. This was not battery related as I have no issues with the battery...

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
327 Posts
Not sure what caused it but this afternoon when I started it the message was gone. This was not battery related as I have no issues with the battery...
Hmm interesting not happening to me as of yet.. I'm curious to see how it's going to start tho for me in the winter time as I have no block heater cus it's a lease haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have just had my CPU updated after the battery was continually going flat, which often also showed this message. The dealer changed the battery for a new one, but the problem continued and was so bad I had to purchase a jump starter battery pack. After complaining twice to Mazda Head Office, they finally contacted my dealer and instructed them to update the CPU with brand new software just released, so far so good no flat battery after four days, but the car does not seem the same, the engine now appears to have more acceleration noise and it is also hanging onto gears for a longer period, similar to what happens when you engage the auto Sport mode.
Hi!
what infotainment version do you have now?

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi

Can you please let me know the version of the CPU update you are refering to as new?

Many thanks

Phil

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech (UK, RHD), Skyactiv-X
41 Posts
Hi!
what infotainment version do you have now?
infotainment 10047; although the CPU and other components are updated in a different way than the infotainment and using different files. Updating the infotainment, doesn't mean and updated cpu/ecu/whatever.

remember that your cx-30 in Malta should have been recalled to update the SBS firmware version due to 'sudden braking'

·
Registered
22 Posts
infotainment 10047; although the CPU and other components are updated in a different way than the infotainment and using different files. Updating the infotainment, doesn't mean and updated cpu/ecu/whatever.

remember that your cx-30 in Malta should have been recalled to update the SBS firmware version due to 'sudden braking'
Hi and thanks for the info, my infotainment version is the same and yes, I will contact the dealer asap, we have just returned from abroad, nice ride btw :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts

Yes you are correct, they are different updates and as mentioned frequently on this forum 1047 is the latest Infotainment firmware. I cannot find details relating to the CPU update which Mazda UK organised via my dealer due to my battery continually draining overnight, which affected a number of early built cars, mine included.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just bought a CX 30 had it 2 days and tried to open door today , not working .When i tried to start engine nothing but all the icons on dash started to flash on and off . Car only done 900 miles. Was told it could be 18v battery that was flat and so takes charge from car battery. Put Car battery on charge for 1 hour now it will start, don't know how battery is flat as i did 120 miles 2 days ago. Going into garage tomorrow to see why

·
Registered
15 Posts
See my earlier comment regarding the flat battery issues. "Topper" my CX30 had the same symptoms as yours and after so many calls to Mazda Breakdown I had to purchase a battery jump starter as it could go flat at any time. After complaints Mazda UK had my car in as they are aware of the problem.
So far so good, since the update I have had no problems with the battery drain, I would suggest you contact Mazda direct who will instruct your dealer for this update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put the car on a battery charger for 4 hours then it started, garage took it the following day and checked everything out. Outcome they said it was a bad connection on the battery . Been ok since now 7 days

1 - 14 of 14 Posts