Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 SE L Lux Auto E-Skyactiv x
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I’m in the UK and have had the CX30 (e skyactiv x ) for a few Months now. We don’t have the power tailgate as the SE L LUX just came with a non power tailgate one. It was always easy just to pull down slightly and woukd close itself with ease. Bur now seems more force is needed when closing it. Today noticed wasn’t closed properly and the car started making noise saying tailgate not crossed properly. Has anyone else experienced this .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's odd as i have the SE L LUX and i have the power tailgate ( also in the uk )
Hi Matleics
Thank you for your comment . Thats strange then . Are you sure yours is not the Sport lux because the power tailgate starts at that model which is the one above the SE L Lux. Do you have the button you press , then the boot opens and closes itself ? Or did I call it wrong in my post. I’ve just got the normal button at bottom which I have to press and slightly lift up the boot and it opens . And when closing I have to put it 3/4 down then leave a it closes.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
677 Posts
I wonder if that's a 2020 / 2021 model difference. @mattleics - is your CX30 a 2020 model? @Metro has a 2021 SE L Lux.

Reactions: mattleics

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had me wondering lol
That’s really strange isn’t it that the 2021 model don’t have it. Before the X , I got the 2021G that never had it either. I returned the G shortly after as there was a paintwork issue and problem with the cladding so they was really good got me into another new CX30 but I said if I can have the X with slightly more monthly payment and so yes the X dosent have the power tailgate either . Maybe from 2021 models onwards the S E Lux dosent get the power tailgate . Which doesn’t make sense.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
111 Posts
That’s really strange isn’t it that the 2021 model don’t have it. Before the X , I got the 2021G that never had it either. I returned the G shortly after as there was a paintwork issue and problem with the cladding so they was really good got me into another new CX30 but I said if I can have the X with slightly more monthly payment and so yes the X dosent have the power tailgate either . Maybe from 2021 models onwards the S E Lux dosent get the power tailgate . Which doesn’t make sense.
totally agree, that doesn't make sense at all, wonder why they have took that option away ??

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
677 Posts
They substituted the Smart Cargo system? (looks to be the only differentiator in that section)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts