Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
325 hp / 400 lb⋅ft
208 Posts
You know, looking at the intake and where it connects to the manifold, I'm now realizing this probably won't fit the CX30 Turbo (though it does seem like it could line up for the non-turbo).

The manifold is towards the back on the CX30 Turbo, but up front on the non-turbo, which is where this is designed to connect.

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Takeda
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
21' CX-30 Premium
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You know, looking at the intake and where it connects to the manifold, I'm now realizing this probably won't fit the CX30 Turbo (though it does seem like it could line up for the non-turbo).

The manifold is towards the back on the CX30 Turbo, but up front on the non-turbo, which is where this is designed to connect.
Yes, unfortunately this will not fit the turbo models.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Soul Red
77 Posts
One review on YouTube:

Per his comments on FB: "Stock CFM is 210. aFe intake with the filter medium I have is seeing 280."

Edit: These numbers look to be what's on aFe's site. I haven't watched the video yet.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
111 Posts
Okay so I have a what-if for others to consider and give their opinion about.
I see Cork Sport has a CAI for the turbo, looks nice but it does leave the filter exposed to all of the under-hood temperatures.
Now the question, do you think we could take that silicon tube Cork Sport is using on their CAI and attach it to a Takeda CAI to make it fit our turbo cars.
If I can just buy the silicon tube, I may gamble and try.
I had a Cork Sport CAI on my Mazda 6 Turbo and it sounded great, but I monitored the Intake Air Temp and it was much higher with the exposed filter than the enclosed OEM.
So with the higher intake temperature, was my performance altered?
Opinions welcomed.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
281 Posts
I had a Cork Sport CAI on my Mazda 6 Turbo and it sounded great, but I monitored the Intake Air Temp and it was much higher with the exposed filter than the enclosed OEM.
So with the higher intake temperature, was my performance altered?
To know for sure, we need to see airflow under WOT (wide open throttle) acceleration as measured by the mass air sensor. A good pull from a standing start up to the 1-2 shift is sufficient. If the intake air temperature was higher, then the performance likely did take a hit. The warmer the air is, the less dense it is. The less dense the air is, the harder it is to fill the cylinders.

With today's boosted engines another thing that everyone has to consider is how precisely the system controls boost pressures. That is something that is measured directly using the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) or "boost" sensor. The moment the boost pressure reaches the maximum allowable, the system throttles the turbocharger back with the wastegate and since the O.E. filter easily allows enough air to flow and operate the turbocharger to maximum boost allowable changing to any other intake system won't make any difference unless the software is altered to allow over-boost to occur.

·
Registered
325 hp / 400 lb⋅ft
208 Posts
Now the question, do you think we could take that silicon tube Cork Sport is using on their CAI and attach it to a Takeda CAI to make it fit our turbo cars.
If I can just buy the silicon tube, I may gamble and try.
You might be able to get it to work by using the stock tube and connecting it to the Takeda with something. Of course, one of the things that helps airflow (as I understand it) is that these aftermarket intakes use smooth piping instead of the flexible/ribbed piping that comes stock. That detail reduces the turbulence of the airflow, so my suggestion wouldn't have that benefit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You might be able to get it to work by using the stock tube and connecting it to the Takeda with something. Of course, one of the things that helps airflow (as I understand it) is that these aftermarket intakes use smooth piping instead of the flexible/ribbed piping that comes stock. That detail reduces the turbulence of the airflow, so my suggestion wouldn't have that benefit.
Looks like Takeda has released a version for the 3 turbo engines. Possible it might fit the CX-30. It has the right bend now for the engine. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
325 hp / 400 lb⋅ft
208 Posts
Interesting, here it is! It's too bad I've already picked up a BMS sri. While it has a heat shield, im sure the box does a better job at keeping the temp down.

I do wonder though how it would sound with the box - surely not as loud as without but maybe still good. Hope someone picks this up and does some sound clips!

·
Registered
2021 Mazda MX-30 Turbo
260 Posts
Interesting, here it is! It's too bad I've already picked up a BMS sri. While it has a heat shield, im sure the box does a better job at keeping the temp down.

I do wonder though how it would sound with the box - surely not as loud as without but maybe still good. Hope someone picks this up and does some sound clips!
It will be available sometime in August, they say…but not in California. Damn you, C.A.R.B.!

·
Registered
38 Posts

Looking at my engine bay, I really think this thing will line up perfectly. Considering ordering one and crossing my fingers. This coupled with my Magnaflow exhaust would be amazing.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts