Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temp gauge seems to go slightly above middle operating Temp every so often and I know the 2.5 litre engine doesn't have a traditional thermostat but uses a electronically computer controlled valve to Control engine coolant and curious to know if anyone else has noticed the temperature gauge going ever so slightly above every so often and out side temp isn't hot out at 14 degrees C also mine has active grill shutters.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
382 Posts
mine is on dead centre so far. Mine does not have grille shutters.

Reactions: detailcarguy

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine is on dead centre so far. Mine does not have grille shutters.
Mine every so often will creep up just ever so slightly.. but nothing to be of major concern but I'm curious to see if others with active grill shutters are getting the same caricistic.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
73 Posts
Most auto manufacturers use a dummy gage. Engine temperatures are always changing and most company’s use a range. If it is in that range it sits in the same position. Mazda seems to be much more accurate ... In the winter when I would first start driving. It would slowly increase and when I turned the heat on it would decrease. Because when you turn the heat on you are sucking hot temps from the engine. And after 10 mins it would sit in the middle when at operating temp. The few times I have let her idle for an extended period. It would show right above the half way mark like in your photo.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most auto manufacturers use a dummy gage. Engine temperatures are always changing and most company’s use a range. If it is in that range it sits in the same position. Mazda seems to be much more accurate ... In the winter when I would first start driving. It would slowly increase and when I turned the heat on it would decrease. Because when you turn the heat on you are sucking hot temps from the engine. And after 10 mins it would sit in the middle when at operating temp. The few times I have let her idle for an extended period. It would show right above the half way mark like in your photo.
Good to know , it's my first Mazda and so I'm used to the way the Nissan's would behave as I owned two so good to know this is how the Mazda's are . One thing I really like is how fast the skyactiv engine heats up in the winter and the active grill shutters really seem to help with that in the winter when it's -35 C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts