Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealership uses Petro Canada 0w20 full synthetic and I can't get the Mazda moly stuff put in as they claim they don't carry it .. so my CX 30 has had one oil change at the correct Interval.. so I'm curious to see how well the Petro Canada surpime synthetic oil performs so I ordered a test kit from black stone Labs for my second oil change to see how well it's keeping the engine as iv never used their oil before in any vehicle iv had till now cus that's what the dealership uses. Will see the results I'm so curious to see.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
62 Posts
Most ,if not all Ontario Mazda dealers use Petro Canada 0W20 oil using mostly bulk supply. Since I do all my own maintenance, except for warranty work, I use Castrol Edge 0W20 and Castrol Edge 5W30 for the Turbo 6. I am considering moving to Penzoil Ultra Platinum oils because of their superior cleaning package. There is a lot of information on Jaguar Forums regarding this higher specification oil and its used to replace the very expensive Castrol Edge Professional specified by Jaguar for the 5.0V8 series engines.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most ,if not all Ontario Mazda dealers use Petro Canada 0W20 oil using mostly bulk supply. Since I do all my own maintenance, except for warranty work, I use Castrol Edge 0W20 and Castrol Edge 5W30 for the Turbo 6. I am considering moving to Penzoil Ultra Platinum oils because of their superior cleaning package. There is a lot of information on Jaguar Forums regarding this higher specification oil and its used to replace the very expensive Castrol Edge Professional specified by Jaguar for the 5.0V8 series engines.
I have been trying to do some research on real lab test ressults on the petro 0w20 stuff tho I cant seem to find very much other that forums of people coverseing back and forth.. A lab test results would be great as I have never used this oil before but I "hear" its good stuff but till i see lab results to confirm such. I find it Strange that mazda in the owners manuel reccomends the mazda high Moly stuff but yet the dealerships do not carry it... why I dont know .. would like to know as thats what i would prefer to use.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
62 Posts
Actually my Owners Manual just recommends " Mazda Genuine 0W-20 Oil " or ILSAC GF-V or higher. The Castrol Edge I use meets this specification. The Penzoil I mentioned meets the ILSAC GF-VI spec and API Service SP which are the latest specification I have seen. Actually a bigger concern for me is the oil filter currently sold in Canada, a feeble affair when compared to the factory Made in Japan oil filter. Mazda Canada stopped selling these Made in Japan oil filters several months ago.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually my Owners Manual just recommends " Mazda Genuine 0W-20 Oil " or ILSAC GF-V or higher. The Castrol Edge I use meets this specification. The Penzoil I mentioned meets the ILSAC GF-VI spec and API Service SP which are the latest specification I have seen. Actually a bigger concern for me is the oil filter currently sold in Canada, a feeble affair when compared to the factory Made in Japan oil filter. Mazda Canada stopped selling these Made in Japan oil filters several months ago.
I'm sure the own filter even tho no longer japan made ... Are almost as good as say a Wix filter... And certainly beat a crappy Fram one haha . As far as Ontario dealerships useing Petro can oil .. I'm going to find out how good it really is by getting a oil sample since that's what is running in my CX 30 now as I reached the end of the factory fill oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts