Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
25 Posts
I'm kinda bothered by the fact that we can't lift up the windshield wipers to make it easier to clean under
I was hesitant to 'force-lift' the wipers, out of concern that I would damage the mechanism. But it's been bugging me too! Never owned a car that you could not easily lift up the wipers for clearing snow or just cleaning under the wipers. Does anyone know what the trick is to lift the wipers up and away from the windshield?

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
139 Posts
You can. Look in the owner's manual. There is a procedure that needs to be followed. It basically runs the wipers up clear of the hood and stops so you can safely lift them.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
89 Posts
I'm kinda bothered by the fact that we can't lift up the windshield wipers to make it easier to clean under
I like how they’re hidden under the bonnet. Gives it a clean look. It is however annoying that you can’t physically just lift them up to clean off ice/snow.

If you must lift them up just put them into “accessory mode“. After pressing the start stop button three times press the windshield wiper arm up twice.

Cheers

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
25 Posts
Sorry, I don't follow
I like how they’re hidden under the bonnet. Gives it a clean look. It is however annoying that you can’t physically just lift them up to clean off ice/snow.

If you must lift them up just put them into “accessory mode“. After pressing the start stop button three times press the windshield wiper arm up twice.

Cheers
Sorry, I don't follow that????

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
218 Posts
One niggle is- unable to open boot while sat in the car with the engine is running..

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
22 Posts
Sorry, I don't follow

Sorry, I don't follow that????
I didn't either so thanks for the video. Might you know if there's a similarly instructive video for rebooting the Mazda Connect system? I've tried the three button code that works on previous years but haven't stumbled across one that works on my CX-30

I didn't even know there was an accessory mode. Maybe that's the secret . . .

My biggest complaint so far is all the nanny features. I finally figured out how to turn off the lane departure silliness but yesterday almost had a coronary when the car didn't think I had braked soon enough and started braying at me. Do the European models have this same stuff? I've driven enough in Europe to know that most drivers would have the car in an electronic tizzy.

FYI: not the car's fault but Android Auto doesn't work with a Huawei smartphone. A disappointment.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I didn't either so thanks for the video. Might you know if there's a similarly instructive video for rebooting the Mazda Connect system? I've tried the three button code that works on previous years but haven't stumbled across one that works on my CX-30

I didn't even know there was an accessory mode. Maybe that's the secret . . .

My biggest complaint so far is all the nanny features. I finally figured out how to turn off the lane departure silliness but yesterday almost had a coronary when the car didn't think I had braked soon enough and started braying at me. Do the European models have this same stuff? I've driven enough in Europe to know that most drivers would have the car in an electronic tizzy.

FYI: not the car's fault but Android Auto doesn't work with a Huawei smartphone. A disappointment.

i have the Huawei p20 pro and android auto woks for us in the uk, (blame Mr Trump).
when the mrs drives the car is quiet and no warnings , when i get to drive, the sensors are doing over time buzzing and bleeping, must be my driving style. :p

·
Registered
218 Posts
i
I love all the safety tech👍
As do we...... i think it makes youa better driver, but the first time you try to overtake a parked car with out indicating and the steer assist pulls the car back over , is a bit alarming....but as i say it make you a better driver, i always indicate now, as i should of done in the first place. :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
i

As do we...... i think it makes youa better driver, but the first time you try to overtake a parked car with out indicating and the steer assist pulls the car back over , is a bit alarming....but as i say it make you a better driver, i always indicate now, as i should of done in the first place. :p
First time it happened to me was when I tried to move over a little into the next lane without signalling for a bicyclist and it beeped and jerked the steering wheel. Really shocked me.
I usually signal and Now Mazda is helping me signal almost 100% of the time. 👍🏻

·
Registered
14 Posts
My only complaints are minor. 1) Automatic engaged parking brake that can't be disabled and 2) jerky/hesitation transmission at lower speeds.
Me too have had it 5 days and it is annoying but I have been told that you can disengage brake to do it manually I just have to figure it out from manual. It is hard to read the procedure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Me too have had it 5 days and it is annoying but I have been told that you can disengage brake to do it manually I just have to figure it out from manual. It is hard to read the procedure.
1. Put your Seat belt on.
2. Start the car
3. Put it into drive
4. Press down on the gas pedal and drive away.
The electronic parking break will disengage automatically

·
Registered
218 Posts
Put foot in brake. Start car. Pull switch up ..

21 - 40 of 70 Posts