Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wonder if the automatic trans complaints are associated with the AWD models or the AWD system itself?

I'll be curious if there is re-programing for it at some point.
I have the FWD model, and the tranny is very annoying. Dealer said it was normal....?

·
Registered
26 Posts
First post here, first day with poly gray premium. You could nit-pick your pet peeves, BUT...no directional vectoring in back up mode? It's my first SUV, though I've driven all the competition via rentals. My spouse is on the petite side. She can't raise herself up, twist and peer through the back. I wonder if this can be fixed in firmware? Only other "WTF?" is no front seat back pockets/netting? Seriously? I store my binoculars (birder here), bug spray, sun shield, etc. back there. In the grand scheme, minor nits, but Mazda: Constant improvement!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you describe in detail why the tranny is annoying?
The tranny is not smooth, Lurching, herky jerky motion especially when cold at lower speeds. Like it can't decide what to do or gear to be in. Pulsations, stuttering even when warm on acceleration or traveling at a constant speed, i.e. 40 mph with a light throttle. Took it to dealer around 2K miles, said all was normal. The loaner they gave me was a 2020 Mazda 6 with 5K miles. Although much less pronounced and less intrusive, I noticed the same tendencies in the 6 tranny, so it must be a design issue, and shows up more and stronger in the CX 30. Have you noticed it? I have a FWD premium trim.

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
First post here, first day with poly gray premium. You could nit-pick your pet peeves, BUT...no directional vectoring in back up mode? It's my first SUV, though I've driven all the competition via rentals. My spouse is on the petite side. She can't raise herself up, twist and peer through the back. I wonder if this can be fixed in firmware? Only other "WTF?" is no front seat back pockets/netting? Seriously? I store my binoculars (birder here), bug spray, sun shield, etc. back there. In the grand scheme, minor nits, but Mazda: Constant improvement!
Hmm, didnt notice this on my test drive (the directtional / vectoring) lines do seem to be on some models though, I wonder do you now need the adaptive headlights (to track wheel position) or the full 360 camera to have it work. AutoCar showed it here on the 3, seems odd it wouldnt then be on the CX30

Autocar reverse camera

Any UK owners with sports tech (for the full package) who have theirs want to update?

Maybe we can have a location / spec lookup thread?

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
184 Posts
I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado that has a backup camera with directional vectoring. I don't use the lines as a guide for direction, I can see where I am going by the camera view alone. For me, the lack of a directional guide on the Mazda is a non issue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know the cx-5 I have nav sports+ 2017 UK spec has it seems odd they'd descope it

·
Registered
122 Posts
Knew I'd seen it somewhere else, the Phillipines version looks like it supports them:

I'll leave it there until I get mine or someone in the UK can update us :)

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
57 Posts
The tranny is not smooth, Lurching, herky jerky motion especially when cold at lower speeds. Like it can't decide what to do or gear to be in. Pulsations, stuttering even when warm on acceleration or traveling at a constant speed, i.e. 40 mph with a light throttle. Took it to dealer around 2K miles, said all was normal. The loaner they gave me was a 2020 Mazda 6 with 5K miles. Although much less pronounced and less intrusive, I noticed the same tendencies in the 6 tranny, so it must be a design issue, and shows up more and stronger in the CX 30. Have you noticed it? I have a FWD premium trim.
Yes, my CX 30 has some of your issues, but as not quite as pronounced -- and not all the time. I had expected a smoother tranny --- especially since Mazda has been using it for quite some time. My model is AWD.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, my CX 30 has some of your issues, but as not quite as pronounced -- and not all the time. I had expected a smoother tranny --- especially since Mazda has been using it for quite some time. My model is AWD.
It almost sounds like you're driving a 'dual clutch' tranny (which, of course, Mazda doesn't use).

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
26 Posts
I'm kinda bothered by the fact that we can't lift up the windshield wipers to make it easier to clean under
This video is for the Mazda 3 but it’s the same for the CX-30. Living in Canada where ice is a matter of life for 3-4 months a year, this process will get tedious,

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD Soul Red, 2020 CX-30 AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica
93 Posts
This video is for the Mazda 3 but it’s the same for the CX-30. Living in Canada where ice is a matter of life for 3-4 months a year, this process will get tedious,

Great video explaining the process. I know it tedious however it’s nice they are out of the way with the styling.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great video explaining the process. I know it tedious however it’s nice they are out of the way with the styling.
It's an awful lot of trouble to go through just to raise the windshield wiper blades!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Knew I'd seen it somewhere else, the Phillipines version looks like it supports them:

I'll leave it there until I get mine or someone in the UK can update us :)
May have misread the "camera" posts - front view pics posted and "backup" in text. The front and rear camera views are nearly identical. Note the icons on the bottom right edge in pic below. These are cycled through using the "VIEW" button. One view is a wider angle with proximity bands ( red in picture ) but no guide lines.
Rear wide angle pic ( along with water drops - the famous British summer weather)

·
Registered
2020 Polymetal Grey AWD (premium)
6 Posts
I've had my Polymetal Grey for four weeks now and here are my nit-picks. The trivial nature of these is testament to how much I like the car overall:

• Adaptive Cruise. I find the system too sensitive and jerky even at the minimum distance setting to the car in front. If you could halve the minimum distance again it would be useable for me. Which leads to me my second complaint (but, importantly, at least it's an option). You have to de-activate Mazda Radar Cruise within Settings > Safety every engine startup in order for it to operate as a traditional cruise control. This makes for a much more enjoyable driving experience. I've noticed some safety features persist through engine restart and others do not. The driver alert system, for instance, can be disabled permanently.
  • There's no light on the lock windows button to indicate you've activated it.
  • The headlights start up automatically every time you start the car. They look nice and all, but I don't need them at 1:00pm. At least you can manually turn them off.
  • The size of the fuel tank on the AWD version.

The heated mirrors don't bother me but we only get snow worth talking about around 20 days per year at most. Ditto the steering wheel. It is moderately disappointing that the 360 camera is not an option in the US. The lack of directional arrows on the backup cam is also not an issue for me as I find the camera itself has quite a wide field of view and, after a cursory glance at the center-view, I focus on the edges of the screen rather than exactly where I'm going to go as I'm more concerned with cross-traffic/people at that point. Once you start moving it's pretty obvious where you're going to be.

Even after four weeks I have barely touched the Sport mode, manual shift mode or the paddle shifters. They seem a tiny bit pointless but they are there for random fun times! Overall very much enjoying the car and trying not to drive it too much!

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
41 Posts
Biggest complaints from my side for SkyX engine in GT Plus FWD AT spec:
1. Top trim line but seats have manual controls
2. No vectoring lines on rear view camera
3. Glove box is not aircon (my former Passat had cooling in the glove box and I had used it every summer to cool my bottle of soda/water)
4. Flimsy paint. Bird shit not cleaned within a few hours leaves marks in the lacquer coating.
5. Weak aircon unless left on "recycle" in Auto mode, or manually controlled.
6. Too many glossy surfaces inside/outside which quickly suffer from scratch marks.
7. Driver door mirror shaking at speeds of over 120 km/h
8. Auto trans or engine stutters between 1100-1500 rpm. "Do I change gear? Yes. Ummm.... no, just drop revs. Ummm... no, better change gear"
9. A single 12V socket.
10. Expensive spare wheel option (800+ EUR). My wife's car was bought with optional space saving spare wheel for... 65 EUR more.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
401 Posts
Biggest complaints from my side for SkyX engine in GT Plus FWD AT spec:
1. Top trim line but seats have manual controls
2. No vectoring lines on rear view camera
3. Glove box is not aircon (my former Passat had cooling in the glove box and I had used it every summer to cool my bottle of soda/water)
4. Flimsy paint. Bird shit not cleaned within a few hours leaves marks in the lacquer coating.
5. Weak aircon unless left on "recycle" in Auto mode, or manually controlled.
6. Too many glossy surfaces inside/outside which quickly suffer from scratch marks.
7. Driver door mirror shaking at speeds of over 120 km/h
8. Auto trans or engine stutters between 1100-1500 rpm. "Do I change gear? Yes. Ummm.... no, just drop revs. Ummm... no, better change gear"
9. A single 12V socket.
10. Expensive spare wheel option (800+ EUR). My wife's car was bought with optional space saving spare wheel for... 65 EUR more.
s

so still happy with your choice of car.. :D

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
41 Posts
Except 4-8 the others are something I can easily live with.
Overall I like the car more than the old one.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts