·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
476 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
...Its mine and i'll polish it as fast as i like.... 😱 😂 😂 😂

I do have a dual action polisher, but i have not used it on the cx30 as yet, i will/ normally do a detail coming out or the winter months, so march time. unless the car has swirl marks there is no need to use the DA espescially when using Zaino as its very easy to use ..Use a good 2 bucket washing method is good practice. z5 helps hide swirls/marring, z6 and z8 give it the wow factor..
Here is my sons 3..
View attachment 1095
Amazing!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My only complaints are minor. 1) Automatic engaged parking brake that can't be disabled and 2) jerky/hesitation transmission at lower speeds.
Yeah! the f---ing emergency brake thing. If I want it I'll put it on! Maybe we could get M to change something if we explain that in slippery, snow/ice conditions it could present a safety hazard, breaking traction.

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 6 GS
15 Posts
I have the same problem with the tranny. Select trim, Nov '19 production. The 'cant decide what gear to be in' were the same words I used with the dealer. They were also unable to resolve. The cx-30 loaners that I've driven (Premium trim) did not have the issue. Tech took me aside and said he has seen this with Nov-Dec production dates, but that it seems to go away over time.
after a while and after thousands of Miles or KMs it’ll get better and you’ll notice the jerkiness of the tranny will go away and will become smoother. It’s the learning curve of the tranny with your driving behaviour and traits of a torque converted automatic that is still in its break-in period...I’ve had 3 Mazdas and all were like that in the beginning! Also, try to vary your driving habits so the tranny can have a wider torque range from slow-steady to fast-multiple speeds and shifts.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
21 Posts
after a while and after thousands of Miles or KMs it’ll get better and you’ll notice the jerkiness of the tranny will go away and will become smoother. It’s the learning curve of the tranny with your driving behaviour and traits of a torque converted automatic that is still in its break-in period...I’ve had 3 Mazdas and all were like that in the beginning! Also, try to vary your driving habits so the tranny can have a wider torque range from slow-steady to fast-multiple speeds and shifts.
I moaned to the dealer about the jerkiness and the hunting between gears when I test-drove the automatic. The dealer did acknowledge this, but also said that itis likely it's the car learning my driving habits (which as a demonstrator they never get the chance to do...).

Having come from test-driving the BMW X1 with its DCT transmission, I was frankly disappointed with the Mazda automatic transmission. I've gone for the manual on my CX-30 and that's very nice indeed by comparison.

Other gripes I have are:
  • Poor light in the boot/trunk space
  • Poor light in the rear of the car
  • No pockets on the back of the front seats (really?)
  • Can't manoeuvre the car in my drive without having the seat belt on (parking brake will not release)
  • Navigation: can't enter my current location as Home or Work. (sat on my drive, I have to enter my address or coordinates. I can't use the car's location)
There'll be more, I'm sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I moaned to the dealer about the jerkiness and the hunting between gears when I test-drove the automatic. The dealer did acknowledge this, but also said that itis likely it's the car learning my driving habits (which as a demonstrator they never get the chance to do...).

Having come from test-driving the BMW X1 with its DCT transmission, I was frankly disappointed with the Mazda automatic transmission. I've gone for the manual on my CX-30 and that's very nice indeed by comparison.

Other gripes I have are:
  • Can't manoeuvre the car in my drive without having the seat belt on (parking brake will not release)
  • Navigation: can't use my current location as an input as a favourite (sat on my drive, I have to enter my address or coordinates. I can't use the car's location)
This is one of the most practical reviews I have seen. The practicallity side!

·
Registered
15 Posts

Other gripes I have are:
  • Navigation: can't use my current location as an input as a favourite (sat on my drive, I have to enter my address or coordinates. I can't use the car's location)
It would be unfair to compare the behaviour of the X1’s DCT with Mazda’s torque-conv automatic as they’re different t Granting that there are other gripes and of course everyone has compromises (there are no perfect vehicles), I totally understand and get them.

If you compare the Mazda and look from a BMW or luxury perspective, then sadly there will be a letdown just like with any other mainstream vehicle but if you look at it from a “mainstream vehicle’s” perspective then it shouldn’t be as bad.

I used to have a Volvo and while that wasn’t luxury, it was premium enough but that too had some issues and letdowns. With some of those minor gripes, rather than ruin the excitement of having a new vehicle, I always just compromise and apply the easy fixes that I can without having to bother dealers (to also avoid excuses/run around) like changing the rear cabin & cargo area with LED bulbs, etc.

At the EOD we all have to accept and learn to live with what vehicles we drive and what these have to offer. Some gripes are minor some are major but as I’ve said earlier we all have to make compromises. If you don’t want to then find another...

·
Registered
21 Posts
It would be unfair to compare the behaviour of the X1’s DCT with Mazda’s torque-conv automatic as they’re different t Granting that there are other gripes and of course everyone has compromises (there are no perfect vehicles), I totally understand and get them.

If you compare the Mazda and look from a BMW or luxury perspective, then sadly there will be a letdown just like with any other mainstream vehicle but if you look at it from a “mainstream vehicle’s” perspective then it shouldn’t be as bad.
I agree it's not a fair comparison as the DCT is a more modern design than the torque-converter transmission, but that's exactly what I had to do to as part of choosing between the X1 and the CX-30. I also have a 19-year-old SLK, so I know what to expect from a torque converter transmission.

In the end I chose the manual transmission CX-30 because, on balance, it was the better car. In the CX-30 the ride was better, the cabin was quieter and the cabin is nicer. Indeed, overall I was disappointed with the X1, a supposed Premium brand, in terms of cabin noise, ride and the lack of tech available (without looking at options).

·
Registered
GT30 Touring 2020 - Soul Red
13 Posts
My leather seats kill my ass, I'm in pain after about 30 minutes driving. I remember having a similar problem with my 2010 Mazda 3.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My leather seats kill my ass, I'm in pain after about 30 minutes driving. I remember having a similar problem with my 2010 Mazda 3.
This may sound a silly reply, but do you carry a wallet in your trouser pocket? I'm serious. With firm seats (such as the CX-30), the pressure of a wallet in one pocket can upset the pelvis actually causing sciatica. Since owning the SLK, I've gotten into the habit of never carrying a wallet or a phone in my rear trouser pocket. Here's a Google search with some background on this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This may sound a silly reply, but do you carry a wallet in your trouser pocket? I'm serious. With firm seats (such as the CX-30), the pressure of a wallet in one pocket can upset the pelvis actually causing sciatica. Since owning the SLK, I've gotten into the habit of never carrying a wallet or a phone in my rear trouser pocket. Here's a Google search with some background on this.

I agree! Years ago I’ve started putting my wallet in my front pockets as it was causing pain in said area and this was despite driving a Volvo which had one of the best seats in the industry (ergonomic-wise)!

·
Registered
GT30 Touring 2020 - Soul Red
13 Posts

Not a silly reply at all, thank you for your suggestion. I usually take my wallet out of the back pocket when I sit down.

I would put this down to my backside just not liking car seats, or a combination of sitting and having my feel on the pedals, but I had a Mini Cooper just prior to the CX30 and I never got backside pain no matter how long the drive.

I'm going to get some wooden beaded seat covers and see if that helps on the long drives.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD
7 Posts
I'm kinda bothered by the fact that we can't lift up the windshield wipers to make it easier to clean under
Same problem here! I just had to open the hood to have more space to clean it better. If it is winter never forget to set the wiper to off.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Other gripes I have are:
(red face time ...)

Found out I CAN move the car without putting the seatbelt on. Just read the message on the dash. It says put-foot-on-brake. 😖!

·
Registered
21 Posts

Other gripes I have are:
So a slight update to my navigation gripe: My son tells me if you long-press the Favourites button when in the Nav screen, you save the car's current location as a Favourite. Still not sure if you can edit the name of the Favourite you've saved or if you're stuck with where the Nav says you are. You can't make the saved location Home or Work though which is still a pain. And why long-press? Why not a 'save current location as favourite' in the add favourite screen?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
109 Posts
My complaint is when I have my hands at 10 & 2 on the steering wheel the vents blow the a/c on my hands if the vents are directed toward the driver. I had the same problem with my 2014 Mazda 3. Living in Thailand the a/c is running almost everytime you drive the car.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts