Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several complaints on this forum that I thought were pretty frivolous. Minor offences. Yet, I now have one. So, I figure I'll come clean and admit this is frivolous. Just whining. And, posting on discussion rather than complaints and problems cause just talking here.

I'll start .... After a two week stretch of snow, salt liquid crap, slush, more salt liquid crap, my refill washer fluid came on. I thought maybe small reservoir. Nope. took a full gallon.

I am a frugal and judicious squirter. Yet, with the CX 30, you pull that stalk and it squirts on its own without squirt control. The engineers were very squirt aggressive. I prefer more frugal squirting. For the rest of my life with this car, I will feel squirt wastefulness. Gonna cost me another gallon or so each winter...

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
728 Posts
I have read several complaints on this forum that I thought were pretty frivolous. Minor offences. Yet, I now have one. So, I figure I'll come clean and admit this is frivolous. Just whining. And, posting on discussion rather than complaints and problems cause just talking here.

I'll start .... After a two week stretch of snow, salt liquid crap, slush, more salt liquid crap, my refill washer fluid came on. I thought maybe small reservoir. Nope. took a full gallon.

I am a frugal and judicious squirter. Yet, with the CX 30, you pull that stalk and it squirts on its own without squirt control. The engineers were very squirt aggressive. I prefer more frugal squirting. For the rest of my life with this car, I will feel squirt wastefulness. Gonna cost me another gallon or so each winter...
Lol washer fluid at Walmart is 2.97 .. don't know what washer fluid you are buying.. but it's cheep.. also I would rather have a good amount of fluid thrown on as the windshield won't scratch as quickly and so I think the engineer's through of that .. and also with the camera mounted in the windshield for lane keep assist and all the other safety features it won't work if it's obstructed.. another reason why it throws that amount on.. it really seems more then it really is because its not a mist where the washer nozels are mounted on the cowel on the bottom and most of it is thrown up and over the windshield.. just wanted to point some points out and not trying to attack.

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol washer fluid at Walmart is 2.97 .. don't know what washer fluid you are buying.. but it's cheep.. also I would rather have a good amount of fluid thrown on as the windshield won't scratch as quickly and so I think the engineer's through of that .. and also with the camera mounted in the windshield for lane keep assist and all the other safety features it won't work if it's obstructed.. another reason why it throws that amount on.. it really seems more then it really is because its not a mist where the washer nozels are mounted on the cowel on the bottom and most of it is thrown up and over the windshield.. just wanted to point some points out and not trying to attack.

What is this logic you speak? I am whining about a frivolous thing. And, I guess, some control issues about frugal squirting.

What's your frivolous complaint?

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
728 Posts
What is this logic you speak? I am whining about a frivolous thing. And, I guess, some control issues about frugal squirting.

What's your frivolous complaint?
i really don't have a frivolous complaint.. all i was doing was pointing out some reasons to why it is designed that way with the washer fluid that's all.. like i said not trying to attack :)

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
554 Posts
Another frivolous complaint - I see reflections of the dashboard instruments at the top of the windscreen at night.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
146 Posts
Another frivolous complaint - I see reflections of the dashboard instruments at the top of the windscreen at night.
I'm convinced automotive engineers don't bury instrument gauges deeper into the console (thus hiding their reflections) at the behest of their spouses who insist on being able to lean over slightly from the passenger seat and tsk tsk at whatever speed it is you're doing.

·
Administrator
554 Posts
I'm convinced automotive engineers don't bury instrument gauges deeper into the console (thus hiding their reflections) at the behest of their spouses who insist on being able to lean over slightly from the passenger seat and tsk tsk at whatever speed it is you're doing.
Yours does that too? If mine can't see the speed, she uses an app to measure me ... :rolleyes: No fun. No fun at all.

You should be looking at the road🤣🤣
Ah well. It's me peripheral vision, officer. (Actually I am very sensitive to flashing lights in my peripheral vision. Cheap LED rear lights that flash are a particular annoyance - VAG group cars in particular).

I don't even notice the HUD most of the time.
Oh the HUD's OK, it's the reflection of the console that annoys. Just see it flashing occasionally and it's distracting.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Agree. It excessively contributes to fossil fuels use & global warming.

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
92 Posts
I agree with both of these!

Playing music from a USB stick, once an album is selected you cannot back up to select another, even from the same artist. You have to start from top level selection again.
How about the songs being alphabetical in the folders on a USB stick! That really bugs me.
My work around on how it plays songs in an ALBUM folder (or any folder really) is to add a leading two digit number to the actual file names. 01xxxx, 02xxxx, 03xxxx, etc. I want an album to play in the order it was originally released, not alphabetically. Otherwise it just ain't right...

I think the most irritating part of the CX-30 is the handling of USB stick files. When there are so many music players out there that work properly why couldn't Mazda have done better? Gee! Here's a couple of my frivolous complaints about how the player handles them:

1) When listening to a playlist and you turn the car off, when you restart the car the music will start up again at whatever you were playing BEFORE the actual playlist. Why can't it just start back where it left off on the playlist? Crazy.

2) The shuffle function (when you pull up the player controls) doesn't work like any other shuffle I've ever seen. I can't even figure out exactly how it does work. There are three different icons but they all seem to just screw up whatever you're playing. The shuffle command on my F150 simply shuffles whatever album/playlist/folder you're listening too - not shuffling from EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ON THE STICK. It seems to me that the CX-30 shuffle just shuffle plays the entire contents of the USB stick. (I've read the manual, it still doesn't make sense to me...)

3) Why can't the player display the song title from the embedded ID3 info? It displays the artist and album name from the ID3 info but it displays the actual file name as the song title. Where that was an issue for me is I once had to retrieve a whole iPod worth of music (several thousand songs...) and all the file names had been converted into four random letters [thank you Apple...]. My CX-30 would display something like "XWOC" instead of the song title. So I had to go through all of my music and fix that... I'm kind of OC and that took a pretty long damned time to do,

·
Administrator
554 Posts
+1 with everything you've said, @Supercrewbear. Mazda really missed a trick with their media player

Reactions: Supercrewbear

·
Registered
26 Posts
1) Paying for a heated steering wheel... .and getting 1/2 a heated steering wheel. (Top and Bottom aren't heated).
2) No XM radio until you go to the top model - still use SXM though the app, but not great, can't go through saved/favorite channels without touching your phone
3) Seatbelt Chime every. damn. time I get in the car and start it and haven't done up the seatbelt.... like can I have 10 seconds before you start going off on me?!

So far...that it. Great car though.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
85 Posts
1) Paying for a heated steering wheel... .and getting 1/2 a heated steering wheel. (Top and Bottom aren't heated).
2) No XM radio until you go to the top model - still use SXM though the app, but not great, can't go through saved/favorite channels without touching your phone
3) Seatbelt Chime every. damn. time I get in the car and start it and haven't done up the seatbelt.... like can I have 10 seconds before you start going off on me?!

So far...that it. Great car though.
Here in the States, we don't even get 'half a heated steering wheel' :( --- and I have top of the line trim!

·
Administrator
554 Posts
I sense a 'Dear Mazda' letter coming on... :D :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts