Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All
I live in Victoria, Australia. The big HOT country down the south of the earth that for some reason only seems to have black interiors (mostly) in the CX-30 models (actually most cars in Australia). There is some exceptions like seat colours but still mainly black fittings. There are white seats available in the top Astina model or Burgundy in a SP Model. I can honestly say there is nothing quite like getting in a car thats been sitting in the sun on a 38C (100F) day with black leather seats, even the thought can bring tears to the eyes. The paint colours seem the same as other countries but I was reading somewhere that in the US you have a grey interior available in one of the models, what I wouldn't give for that choice.

There was in another thread about heated side mirrors in Canada but not the US. We also have the heated mirror's as standard in most models over here, which even for this Aussie seems crazy. Another thing for instance is the tray covering the back cargo area. I believe it was called a Tonneau Cover Board by some, which we over here generally call a removable parcel shelf, its part of the car and comes with the car but in the US you have to purchase it as an accessory. In Australia the CX-30 I am pretty sure is not available in a manual gearbox car anymore, actually I have just rechecked this, it is available in a couple of models.

What other differences is there between the countries.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,436 Posts
this is going to vary depending on the years too. I have cloth seats, as I had black leather in my previous vehicle and didn't care for them, being hot one of them also very cold in winter. I'm glad my CX-30 has a light roof liner, can't stand the black headliner you see in many vehicles particular the ones that are small as it makes it feel even more claustrophobic.

I vehicle can't be specked just for one part of a country. I have heated outside mirrors (but the base GX model does not, still applies to the 2022 model), also the GX does not have privacy glass on the rear doors and cargo area. I also have a heated steering wheel (not on GX) and heated seats standard on all models in Canada.

Yes we also have the tonneau cover standard on every model.

Also there is engine variations too. Canada gets the 2.0L in the base GX model, the rest the 2.5L and then the 2.5L turbo in the top end GT model, but optional.

Reactions: Rascey
1 - 2 of 2 Posts