Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Mazda do any consumer research before redesigning the New key fob? I hate it ! The old style key fob was slender and easy to get the key out if needed. The new key fob must have been designed by Russians or someone who has never driven a car !

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
It’s definitely ugly, cheap, buttons awkwardly placed, and it’s huge.

and when it’s time to replace the battery good luck on not cracking the case.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD Crystal Blue Mica
52 Posts
Agree

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD Soul Red, 2020 CX-30 AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica
93 Posts
Wonder if Mazda will jump on the Apple Key bandwagon

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
410 Posts
the new Kia key fobs are similar with the buttons on the side. Here's their smart key fob

You could get a key-fob cover to improve it's looks and give it some protection. :D

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
172 Posts
This complaint is warranted, and the company should apologize for this mistake to all of us. I wonder if Mazda can recover from this :eek: ;)

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
164 Posts
This complaint is warranted, and the company should apologize for this mistake to all of us. I wonder if Mazda can recover from this :eek: ;)
I will forgive them if they hand deliver a redesigned, slimmer fob in a presentation case...

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
172 Posts
We're in here talking about the FOB. I mean, listen, we're talking about the FOB. Not the car. Not the car. Not the car. We're talking about the FOB. Not the car. Not the car that we go out there and enjoy driving everyday. Not the car. We're talking about the FOB, man. ;)

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
403 Posts
Lol I might of started it by asking on another post of other's have had the battery on it die prematurely .. lol interesting how people can get so caught up on one thing over the vehicle... I love my GT cx 30 and the only thing I said was that the fob reminded me of a Zippo lighter but all in all I don't mind it as honestly I hardly ever use it to unlock the vehicle and have the vehicle set to lock when I walk away.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
403 Posts
Lol why don't we all wear it like a fashion accessory and for the people that don't "like it" get used to never taking it out or touching it button wise as that's the way it was designed to be used 99% of the time 🙂
IMG_20200706_045507754.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did Mazda do any consumer research before redesigning the New key fob? I hate it ! The old style key fob was slender and easy to get the key out if needed. The new key fob must have been designed by Russians or someone who has never driven a car !
Absolutely agree. The buttons are so much harder to use given their small size and placement and easier to set off accidentally. I also thought the previous key had a better weight to it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts