Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
15 Posts
For those that don't like the key fob, I bought one of these:
Etsy Key Fob Cover

Not cheap, but the leather is high quality, gives the fob an upscale look, and adds some 'heft' to it. I like the fob a lot more with it on. You also get a decent amount of customization in terms of colors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like the key fob. I've scoured several sites that offer leather and or plastic covers. I didn't want to add more thickness to an already large device going into my pocket. I did find a company that offer shells to swap out. However I couldn't find the color i wanted or justify the price for these shells. Instead I decided to paint it myself. After drying and wet-sanding using 1500 grit sand paper, I got the look I was looking for. I'm curious if anyone else has tried this? I'm sure there are some real skilled people out there that can come up with all kinds of designs. I also considered using a wrap, but didn't know how well it would hold up. This is the final product. Total cost was about 6.00 USD.
Rectangle Fluid Font Liquid Material property
Rectangle Fluid Font Liquid Material property
Body jewelry Product Rectangle Font Everyday carry
Rectangle Fluid Font Liquid Material property Body jewelry Product Rectangle Font Everyday carry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, it gets really clunky with every other oversized FOB. I kiss keys.
That rant over, what about the panic/alarm button? can it be disabled? I'm tired of bending over and something else in my pocket pushes the button and sets the alarm off. And I haven't even hit 1000 miles yet.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS 2.5L, Luxury Package, Soul Red Crystal
36 Posts
Yeah, it gets really clunky with every other oversized FOB. I kiss keys.
That rant over, what about the panic/alarm button? can it be disabled? I'm tired of bending over and something else in my pocket pushes the button and sets the alarm off. And I haven't even hit 1000 miles yet.
Yeah... I have to make a conscious effort to face the buttons away from anything else in my pocket!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
this was a common problem with front facing keys (usually carried it in my shirt pocket on my previous car, never in the front pants pockets), never had it happen with my Mazda FOB in my front pockets so far (but mine is also in a neoprene sleeve so it is slightly recessed).

Mobile phone Liquid Gadget Communication Device Material property

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought about that, but it makes the FOB fatter. Alongside of my VW switchblade FOB, door key and office key, it's too much. So I took the VW key off and when I drive it, I now have a pocket full of keys.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
31 Posts
I don't have any issues with my fob to be honest but I might look for a cover to prevent scratches in my pocket.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts