Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone swapped out their steering wheel for something thicker?
I have big hands and find that holding the narrow wheel tightly for long distances can get painful (yes, I'm old).

Found this wheel, but curious whether anyone has done this swap and opinions on how it works?

edit: Asked for installation instructions and got this:

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,080 Posts
wouldn't just a steering wheel cover be much simpler and easier than a complete replacement, and don't hold the steering wheel tightly for long distances - relax 😄....and yes I'm old too! 😁

Reactions: MattOwensRees

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT Turbo
11 Posts
wouldn't just a steering wheel cover be much simpler and easier than a complete replacement, and don't hold the steering wheel tightly for long distances - relax 😄....and yes I'm old too! 😁
yes you should try a Steering Wheel cover. There's a lot of them on Amazon for 15-20$.

My mom have one on her mazda 3 and i hate it because the steering wheel feel way too big for my taste. So it might work for you!

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured out why I was gripping it tightly... it's the smooth leather. It slides out of my grip easily.

·
Registered
2021 Premium CX-30 FWD
10 Posts
Yeah, I have the same problem with the smooth leather and it slipping in my hand. I usually spit on my hand (LOL!) before I take off. I searched and one solution was to put hairspray on the wheel, but that was no good (too sticky and yucky). So, I hope to find a solution one day. I haven't found a cover that is worthy.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
389 Posts
Just ordered one and it should arrive Saturday. It won't be as good an upgrade as my $40 navigation but it will be a definite positive upgrade.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,080 Posts
wouldn't do me much good, as I have a heated steering wheel 😀, and besides the leather-wrapped steering wheel feels great so have no need to cover it. I had the same on my previous vehicle.

Reactions: Chu

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
209 Posts
Ordered this cover: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B084GCWK8G

Arriving tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.
I got this on amazon and like the soft leathery feel...very grippy and easily installed....claims real leather but not sure...wheel is a tad thick now so not for very small hands but perfect for me....more like my gti wheel now. The oem mazda wheel was too thin and slippery for my big hands.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got this on amazon and like the soft leathery feel...very grippy and easily installed....claims real leather but not sure...wheel is a tad thick now so not for very small hands but perfect for me....more like my gti wheel now. The oem mazda wheel was too thin and slippery for my big hands.
Same. I came from a WRX and am used to a thick wheel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts