Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Soul Red
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small rattling is occurring while driving and is located just to the right of the air conditioning console in the middle of the dashboard of the cabin at the front of the car. It occurs while driving over bumpy or uneven roads that are not a smooth drive. It sounds like the source of the rattling is located underneath the dashboard. I tried pushing in parts of the interior trim in that area and visually inspected the outside parts of the interior trim and could not identify the source of the rattle. I have uploaded a video of the issue at this link (the volume may need to be turned up): Streamable Video

Took it to the dealer and they test drove 4 times apparently but couldn't replicate it. It honestly sounds like its coming from inside the ac vent for the front passenger (the left vent above the glove box).

Its driving me crazy.

Otherwise I love my car.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
178 Posts
I have a pretty loud rattle noise as well but sounds closer to my drivers side and i can hear it over bumps as if something is if something is sorta lose flapping around hitting against something else and im not to sure what it is other then possibly something with the climate control like a blender vent or something.
I have yet to bring up with my dealer as it dosent seem to afffect anything else and can only be heard with dead silence and not overly concerned in my case as i will only have the vehicle for 3 years and then get another brand new one.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
20 Posts
I think as a first year model we might have a few teething problems. I have a creak in the steering column and if I put upward or downward pressure on the steering wheel it goes away. Will take it to the dealer next week. I had the first 3rd gen Mazda 3 (2014) and had to have the bump stops replaced as I had a loud noise when I went over speed bumps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts