Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We own the CX-30 Premium, and I have to say of all the cars I have ever owned - including Audi's, a Mercedes, plenty of Chevy/Olds/Pontiac, VW, Hondas, etc., the CX-30 headlights are among the brightest of any vehicle I have ever owned ! Kudos to Mazda to use super bright, super white lights on the CX-30.

Our other vehicle is a 2019 Honda Ridgeline, and the headlights are literally night-and-day different. The Ridgeline headlights are very dim compared to the CX-30.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
402 Posts
had a nissan qashqai that had terrible head lights.. was like useing one single cfl bulb lol but wow i love the headlights on the cx 30 ... lights the entire highway up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mazda has the headlights thing down. Both my 17 cx5 and 20 3 have excellent active LED systems. Only complaint is auto dim is a little slow on the 3. (set to max sensitivity)

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's not so slow that there is time to override it. It only delays less than 1/10 sec or so but that is enough to give the oncoming driver who happens to meet me topping a hill an uncomfortable flash. They have flashed me in return to tell me so.
The system in the CX5 reacts instantaneously.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So far I'm happy with the headlights. I don't think the beam control is as sophisticated as BMW's Xenon adaptive headlights of 6 years ago but the greater light output more than compensates.
Unless there has been a specification change in the UK Mazda do not fit headlight washers ( just watched a video posted yesterday
that shows them fitted to the German spec) . Has anyone any experience of how the headlights perform on winter "salted" roads without washers - do they stay fairly clean?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts