Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to my local (50 miles away) Mazda dealer for the caliper bolt recall and it’s first oil change and tire rotation. On the way there, I checked the tire pressure using the service details screen. I thought that it wasn’t updating properly but I’m not sure. I didn’t give it too much thought as I was on the interstate. I then forgot about it (didn't check or mention while the car was at the dealership) until I was halfway home and then it was still not changing, nor was the time displayed with the pressure readings.

Later in the evening, I went for a drive to see if it was still not changing. It was then that I realized the time displayed with the tire pressure readings was 11:59pm, not 11:59am that I had assumed and it was still not updating (the car’s clock was correct). So, I went to bed hoping that it might work once the reading from the tire sensors was “newer” than the “previous” reading. Sure enough, it worked correctly as soon as I started the car up this morning.

Last night

This morning

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The other interesting thing about my visit was that near the end of the visit I got a text message through the dealership with a link to a video made by the Tech working on my car which was brilliant! He went over the inspection of the car showing the various areas as he checked them (with only 4,000 miles in 7 months, not much going on) and then showed as he checked the two bolts on each front brake caliper with a torque wrench. One of the four was slightly loose. He showed measuring the tread depth of each tire and then explained how he was going to rotate the tires as two had 8/32‘s and two were between 7 and 7.5/32‘s.

As a retired Technical Manager for a copier dealership, I was very impressed and it certainly gave me added confidence about what was done. I told the Tech afterwards that I was looking forward to his new reality show on Netflix!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts