Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium Plus soul red
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been 6 months since I got the CX30 Turbo Premium Plus. When I received it from the dealer the tire pressure for the front tires was 38psi and 36psi for the rear tires. The tired pressure remained the same until the winter came and it got cold (Chicago), now it shows 33 for the front tires and 32 for the rear tires. According to the manual the proper tire pressure should be 38 for the front and 36 for the rear however it doesn’t specify anything related to weather conditions. My question is should I increase the pressure to 38 front and 36 rear now that it got cold? Or should I leave them like that, on warmer days it tends to go up by itself. I currently have the original all season tires that came with the car.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,191 Posts
the correct tire pressure is on your drivers door B pillar, always test when cold (overnight) just stick to the same PSI year round (where I'm located it get pretty cold too). Mine is 36 all around as I don't have the turbo version.

Reactions: oSo and Sebas9999

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
152 Posts
Yes, you should top it up to the specification based on your cold tire pressure. I recently had to top up the pressure on my tires as well, similar climate in Toronto as in Chicago.

And if the tire pressure happens to exceed specification a bit on a particularly warm day, it's not going to cause major problems. There is significant room between the max tire pressure on the tires and the car's specified tire pressure.

·
Registered
Mazda cx30 gt turbo 2021
29 Posts
Yes, you should top it up to the specification based on your cold tire pressure. I recently had to top up the pressure on my tires as well, similar climate in Toronto as in Chicago.

And if the tire pressure happens to exceed specification a bit on a particularly warm day, it's not going to cause major problems. There is significant room between the max tire pressure on the tires and the car's specified tire pressure.
I gree in the summer it can reach up to 41psi in front and 39psi in back with the turbo spec

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
51 Posts
My tyres were at 48 psi originally because the dealer didn't do the PDI properly. I have, until very recently, had them at 36psi all round. However, the cold weather has meant pressure has dropped and kicked off the tyre pressure warning on one tyre. I have reset all tyres to 38psi for now and that has fixed it. May ask the dealer to look at the one sensor when the first service comes round.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium Plus soul red
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today after reading your suggestions I decided to adjust the tire pressure to specifications and when I was about to drive to the nearest gas station I remembered that I have a small air compressor that I bought 2 years ago for my scooter. I decided to give it a try before hitting the road and it worked pretty well. Front tires went from 33psi to 38psi in about 2 minutes (both tires) and rear tires went from 32psi to 36psi in about 3 minutes (both tires). Not super fast but definitely quicker than driving to a gas station and also pretty good to keep around in case of an emergency. I know there are some better air compressors out there but just wanted to share the experience with this little one (size of a water bottle) which I bought never intending to use it on my car tires. Here is a picture of how it looks.

Rectangle Material property Gadget Font Circle

Plant Musical instrument Tire Automotive tire Tree

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,191 Posts
Today after reading your suggestions I decided to adjust the tire pressure to specifications and when I was about to drive to the nearest gas station I remembered that I have a small air compressor that I bought 2 years ago for my scooter. I decided to give it a try before hitting the road and it worked pretty well. Front tires went from 33psi to 38psi in about 2 minutes (both tires) and rear tires went from 32psi to 36psi in about 3 minutes (both tires). Not super fast but definitely quicker than driving to a gas station and also pretty good to keep around in case of an emergency. I know there are some better air compressors out there but just wanted to share the experience with this little one (size of a water bottle) which I bought never intending to use it on my car tires. Here is a picture of how it looks.
odd you should mention that now as I just bought a similar compact cordless air compressor (didn't even know such a thing existed till a few weeks ago and thought it was a good idea) with the intention of carrying it around with me on the bag of my e-bike, but also thought it would be handy for doing the car too, saves me having to drag out my much larger air compressor that requires an extension cord. So far I've only tested it one of the 4" tires on my e-bike and one tire on the car which it did pretty quickly. It also comes with a 12V adaptor so you can use the compressor from the car power even if the battery in the portable unit is depleted. The unit is only 6.75" x 2.75" x 2" and weights about a pound.
Gadget Input device Office equipment Laptop accessory Audio equipment

Reactions: oSo

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5 S PR AWD
17 Posts
Funny story, I also recently bought a small air compressor, but mine is a Ryobi which uses the same batteries that my cordless power tools use.

Does that work well for you? I bought the next model up and I've been pretty happy with it. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ry...dless-inflator-deflator-tool-only-/1001420717

Back on topic, I too noticed that my tire pressure is a bit high from the dealership. The front tires were sitting around 40 PSI and 38 back. According to the manual I need 36 PSI all around. I should adjust that tomorrow.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
152 Posts
Yes, it works fine, the main difference between the smaller tire filler and the larger is features. All the small one does is inflate tires, the bigger one deflates and has an outlet for air mattresses. I compared both and bought the small one so it would be easier to leave in the back of my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts