Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife advised that her CX-30 has a low tyre warning on the dash. In fact each tyre was now showing 31psi rather than the normal 36. This is not unusual in very cold temperatures. I pumped them back up to 36 and went for a short drive to update the tyre pressure data as there’s now no TPMS reset button. Now I’ve been for a short drive the data hasn’t reset and the display is still showing 31 and last updated 31/12/20 @ 16:44. Even though the car still thinks the tyres are at 31 the warning message has now gone. Should the tyre pressure data have updated straightaway?

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
237 Posts
It should have updated within a minute or two after driving off.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
92 Posts
I experienced this a while back and unfortunately I can’t remember how it resolved itself. Look at the time (and date?) of the last update. I have a faint memory that mine somehow had a time entry for a bit in the future and once “reality” passed that time things started to update again. But then, I’m seventy, so who knows!

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It should have updated within a minute or two after driving off.
This is what I was expecting but after driving a short distance (about a mile) it was still showing the last update being the previous day. I’ll check it again tomorrow.

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
62 Posts
This is what I was expecting but after driving a short distance (about a mile) it was still showing the last update being the previous day. I’ll check it again tomorrow.
Shutting down the car for at least 15mins and driving it again for a good 10-15mins will definitely reset the TPMS...

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
698 Posts
Interesting thing with mine .. so iv got my winter tires and black steelies on for the winter.. Toyo has printed in the tires a psi of around 40 ish tops and so that's what the dealership inflated them to as per the tire manufacturers specs.. and iv checked it with a good old fashioned accurate manual tire pressure gauge and it reads 42 on all 4 winters but the vehicles tpms shows this as per my picture.. and when it was -32 below Zero it was saying low tire pressure warning and I checked it again my self and still set to what they where installed at. I'm confused lol 🤣

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
62 Posts
Interesting thing with mine .. so iv got my winter tires and black steelies on for the winter.. Toyo has printed in the tires a psi of around 40 ish tops and so that's what the dealership inflated them to as per the tire manufacturers specs.. and iv checked it with a good old fashioned accurate manual tire pressure gauge and it reads 42 on all 4 winters but the vehicles tpms shows this as per my picture.. and when it was -32 below Zero it was saying low tire pressure warning and I checked it again my self and still set to what they where installed at. I'm confused lol 🤣 View attachment 1297

As a guide during winter, it’s recommended to go with 35psi and no higher (even if side sticker by door says 36psi) esp on brand new winter tires so as to avoid premature wear and this was according to Kal Tire which is my go to place for tires...of course when they inflated my new tires to that pressure (it’s inside garage so ambient temperature is higher) expect it to go down soon as weather dips to mins 20deg C or lower...may have to inflate that again to 35psi which happened to me and had to go back to Kal Tire after 5 days (to retorque anyways). They used their manual tire gauge and after 10mins of driving, the car‘s TPMS read it to same as Kal Tire’s manual gauge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts