Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 G25 Touring
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Is there anyone on the forum from Australia /Sydney who drives on the m4?
I've noticed the cx-30 doesn't seem to pick up the overhead 110km/h speed limit signs and want to confirm if other owners have the same issue.

On a side note my rav4 hybrid does.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
I'm not in Australia but mine tells me to do 30MPH or 40MPH on a 70MPH motorway lol
Maps. 🙄

Going to be very frustrating if speed limiters become mandatory..... 🤬

Reactions: mattleics

·
Update your profile and enter your vehicle details
CX-30 2020
7 Posts
I’m from Europe and here we have those LCD traffic signs above the highway that change depending on the conditions and it works fine. But then again, here trucks have speed limit stickers on the back and it even picks up those when you're overtaking them :)

·
Registered
2021 Polymetal CX-30 AWD 2.5L Turbo Premium+
86 Posts
Something I'd like to reprogram is how the garage door open button on my rear view mirror appears to work. I just noted that it works even when the car's ignition is totally off. My last Audi didn't do this! Maybe this is because the key fob is near? I'll have to test it. My objection is, if it's not key fob facilitated, my car could be in the driveway and if we're not home and drove away in our other car, the Mazda could be broken into, the mirror button pressed and BOOM they are into my garage! We had another related security risk when we bought our new home a couple years ago - No lock on the door from the garage into the house. Imagine the same sort of scenario of a car break-in in the driveway, button pushed, garage door opens, and then BOOM-BOOM they're all the way into the house to burgle with no locking door there. Soon after moving into our new home, I was down to our local Home Depot to get new locking door hardware set, keyed the same as the front door. My described risk situation applys to any car in your driveway with the original little clip on the visor garage door button. If the mirror button in the Mazda really must have the key fob in proximity, that's a good thing!

·
Registered
2021 Polymetal CX-30 AWD 2.5L Turbo Premium+
86 Posts
Something I'd like to reprogram is how the garage door open button on my rear view mirror appears to work. I just noted that it works even when the car's ignition is totally off. My last Audi didn't do this! Maybe this is because the key fob is near? I'll have to test it. My objection is, if it's not key fob facilitated, my car could be in the driveway and if we're not home and drove away in our other car, the Mazda could be broken into, the mirror button pressed and BOOM they are into my garage! We had another related security risk when we bought our new home a couple years ago - No lock on the door from the garage into the house. Imagine the same sort of scenario of a car break-in in the driveway, button pushed, garage door opens, and then BOOM-BOOM they're all the way into the house to burgle with no locking door there. Soon after moving into our new home, I was down to our local Home Depot to get new locking door hardware set, keyed the same as the front door. My described risk situation applys to any car in your driveway with the original little clip on the visor garage door button. If the mirror button in the Mazda really must have the key fob in proximity, that's a good thing!
I tested this. The garage door button opens the door even when the key fob is far from the car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.