Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium (US)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the universal wiring harness from etrailer: https://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Mazda/CX-30/2020/C59496.html?VehicleID=2020115782 , the custom fit one with connectors was out of stock. I am having trouble figuring out which of the tail light wires to tap for signals to the powered trailer unit. Any help?? Pics of the wires attached.

I installed the Curt class I hitch no problems, looks awesome!

Cheers

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
187 Posts
What are your bottom license plate bolts screwed into? Mine only has holes for the top 2.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
187 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium (US)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are the ones! Haha I think I got them at Advanced Auto maybe.

Anyone have suggestions on my wiring questions? 😋

·
Registered
2020 CX 30, GT Polymetal Grey.
35 Posts
You are only getting questions and no answers, and I'm going to add to that. How hard was the hitch instal? I've heard you have to drop the exhaust?

As for installing the wiring kit, will it void the warranty?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium (US)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on the wiring, I did successfully install the kit. I used a needle to probe the plug/wires to test them with my tester and all worked out from there. Posi-taps are a nice way to go.

You are only getting questions and no answers, and I'm going to add to that. How hard was the hitch instal? I've heard you have to drop the exhaust?

As for installing the wiring kit, will it void the warranty?
Hitch install was pretty easy I thought. All you really need is a torque wrench and a grinder (I used a dremel) to drill out the access holes, one on each side. The rest of the holes are there and used as-is. The instructions you can download from Curt/Etrailer are exact and there were no surprises. Yes, I had to lower the exhaust, but that just meant unhooking four rubber dampers that held it up - that's it.

The hitch tucks in super nicely and clean and the only part you can see is the receiver!

I don't know about the wiring kit and the warranty - a dealer or rack and hitch shop would do it the exact same way and they never mentioned anything about a warranty. You could also take every last piece of the wiring off the car and the only evidence would be the tiny pricks in the wires from the posi-taps. If you got the plug and play kit (which is out of stock right now), you could remove the wiring with absolutely no evidence.

The hitch/car setup is rated for 2000lbs, 200lb tongue weight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts