Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
324 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. Toyota did that with their AT in the Tacoma I believe.
well friday mine goes in for its first 8,000 km inspection service so i will bring it up with them tho if they cant do much im not overly concerned as i leased mine so in the 2023 model I'm sure they will fix these kind of things. I will also ask them to apply any software updates to the vehicle as well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Their are also 2 recalls one for calipers bolts and the other I forget it came out in June
I chekced on mazda.ca as i am in Canada with mazdas recall website for Canada and entered in my VIN and no recalls are present for mine so far and i will ask the dealer Friday when i bring it in for the 8k inspection service.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
142 Posts
well friday mine goes in for its first 8,000 km inspection service so i will bring it up with them tho if they cant do much im not overly concerned as i leased mine so in the 2023 model I'm sure they will fix these kind of things. I will also ask them to apply any software updates to the vehicle as well.
Did the dealer tell you to bring it in at 8000 km or do you consider your driving/environment as extreme? My dealer said 16000km

·
Registered
324 Posts
Did the dealer tell you to bring it in at 8000 km or do you consider your driving/environment as extreme? My dealer said 16000km
They told me it requires it for just a tire rotation.. inspection and check to make sure the oil life monitor is working correctly but no oil change till the full 16,000 km or 12 months.

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
so mine went in today for the 8k inspection service and didn't need an oil change for another 7k something and i asked them to update any software on the vehicle if there are any.... there was something for the PCM and well iv done a full day of driving around and things are less jerky.. i did mention that issue between 4th and 5th and they said that the updated software is supposed to fix it as mazda has been getting reports of NVH issues that are speratic tho more so harshness issues as what this post was started from... i went up the same hill i always do that i noticed the issue the previous instances and now the down shift is allot less dramatic.

Thought i would share that a software update is available but the dealership wont apply any updated unless asked to.
Happy driving everyone and zoom zoom;)

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
170 Posts
Can you post the software update number? Or a copy of your invoice?

What is NVH? Also I hope their strategy is not to update software only when "asked to."

·
Registered
324 Posts
Can you post the software update number? Or a copy if your invoice?
all i have to go by is what the tech came out to tell me at my mazda dealership which is a pretty small dealership and the service advisor forgot to put it on the invoice but he brought me into the shop quickly to show me as he test drove it wiht me and noticed that it shouldnt be like that and sadly i forgot my silly phone at home as i was runnig late today so i am really sorry i cant provide more details other then me sugesting to do what i did and for your dealer to check for software updated. All i rememer is that the tech had to use the vin number to check with the Mazda proprietary software so again i apologize.

·
Registered
22 Posts
so mine went in today for the 8k inspection service and didn't need an oil change for another 7k something and i asked them to update any software on the vehicle if there are any.... there was something for the PCM and well iv done a full day of driving around and things are less jerky.. i did mention that issue between 4th and 5th and they said that the updated software is supposed to fix it as mazda has been getting reports of NVH issues that are speratic tho more so harshness issues as what this post was started from... i went up the same hill i always do that i noticed the issue the previous instances and now the down shift is allot less dramatic.

Thought i would share that a software update is available but the dealership wont apply any updated unless asked to.
Happy driving everyone and zoom zoom;)
Thank you because I am beyond frustrated

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thank you because I am beyond frustrated
not a problem and i am sorry that you are having a frustrating experience with your cx-30 and i will continue to drive mine how i always have and let you guys know if anthing changes but i am happy so far as the shift points are allot smoother and almost seamless.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts