Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
Can you post the software update number? Or a copy of your invoice?

What is NVH? Also I hope their strategy is not to update software only when "asked to."
An acronym for noise, vibration, harshness that is used when referring to the characteristics of a vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update: I took it in they did an computer update, however the problem continues. I had a loaner cx30 which did not do it in AM , so I know it is something specific to my model. I just had a service call to see if pleased with the service. I am going back to dealership to start a few cx30 on the lot that have been sitting to see if it is my car or just the way this engine performs. If I had not had the loaner without the jerking and reeve up I would not considered a glitch. We shall see.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
145 Posts
Update: I took it in they did an computer update, however the problem continues. I had a loaner cx30 which did not do it in AM , so I know it is something specific to my model. I just had a service call to see if pleased with the service. I am going back to dealership to start a few cx30 on the lot that have been sitting to see if it is my car or just the way this engine performs. If I had not had the loaner without the jerking and reeve up I would not considered a glitch. We shall see.
What exactly is it doing? Sorry to this hear this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As I start it in AM it revives high and as I go to put in reverse it goes low then stutters as if seeking to engage or like the old days of my Chevy where the carburetor was dirty. I am not sure what is going on to tell you the truth but with less than 700 miles after a month I am not happy. I should be enjoying a new car not wondering if a transmission glitch or timing glitch .

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
145 Posts
They need to fix that. That's bs. Just keep hammering them. Some dealerships need a kick in the ass to get them to do the right thing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They need to fix that. That's bs. Just keep hammering them. Some dealerships need a kick in the ass to get them to do the right thing.
I think I need to work with them rather than be a bitch. With the world all pissed off and on edge nothing gets reso in my time .Plus he agrees it should not be happening but a new model has kinks that only Mazda can address and mechanics only have computers to diagnosis it. So we shall see but unlike the cx5 and Cx9 jus shutting off I hope this gets resolved or I am getting rid of it with my Experience so far not so happy.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
324 Posts
well at least it just isnt me saying that a PCM update is availiable.. in my case it really did make a different and now the shifts are allot more sudle and not nearly as harsh and allot softer and i am sorry to hear about the issue you are having with yours and i hope it gets ressolved as for other members here that are having the issue i would push for this PCM "update" as it is out there and i am glad it fixed mine.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think I need to work with them rather than be a bitch. With the world all pissed off and on edge nothing gets reso in my time .Plus he agrees it should not be happening but a new model has kinks that only Mazda can address and mechanics only have computers to diagnosis it. So we shall see but unlike the cx5 and Cx9 jus shutting off I hope this gets resolved or I am getting rid of it with my Experience so far not so happy.
I have a good example of a issue i had when i had my Nissan Rouge sport as its called in the USA.. So everey so often on a cold start it would have the longest crank over ever as if it was not going to start.. so i brought it up to them and they couldnt find the issue... so ok i thought whatever.. and then winter comes and now its doing the same issue plus stalling on me as i was leaveing home one day and going down my street it just stalled on me .. no warning and it was finny cus it was due for service so i brought it in and made sure it was not fully warmed up and brought it to them and a while later theb tech got into it and started it and was about to drive it into the shop and it stalled in the dealers parking lot lol... IT TOOK THEM 6 MONTHS OF ME TELLING THEM OF THE ISSUE BEFORE THEY FIXED IT... and the fix was a software update to the engine computer... i thought i would share a exsperiance i had and how much vehicles are now all computer and how a glitch in software can make things a nightmare. they would not apply the update till they could "duplicate the issue" was very frusterateing to me but thankfully my mazda dealership is allot more giving then stupid nissan one was with this sort of stuff.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update I started two loaner cars they had sitting there and same thing. The head mechanic said it is a product of this cattylic converter with Mazda’s 2.0 engine . I am just going to see how long I can stand this and am writing Mazda. I want to enjoy a car if I wanted a car that hesitates I would have gotten a manual.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Update I started two loaner cars they had sitting there and same thing. The head mechanic said it is a product of this cattylic converter with Mazda’s 2.0 engine . I am just going to see how long I can stand this and am writing Mazda. I want to enjoy a car if I wanted a car that hesitates I would have gotten a manual.
Iv got the 2.5 with cylinder deactivation.. and software update to the PCM fixed the harsh shifts tho i take you don't have the bigger engine with 186 HP ? Perhaps the smaller engine has different engineered exhaust?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the base model I think he said the 2.0 but all I heard was 2 and the catalytic converter mentioned. he did say he has had many people noticing it and calling after they bought the 2020 cars. He hopes Mazda is listening.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the base model I think he said the 2.0 but all I heard was 2 and the catalytic converter mentioned. he did say he has had many people noticing it and calling after they bought the 2020 cars. He hopes Mazda is listening.
ok that would explain not having a software update to the PCM.. the update was specific to the 2.5 engines and i am sorry you are having such a bad experience .. I do hope in your case that mazda releases a TSB to fix the issue.. as for me and others with the 2.5 engine the software update makes the transmission shift way smoother and i notice things more responsive.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
Iv got the 2.5 with cylinder deactivation.. and software update to the PCM fixed the harsh shifts tho i take you don't have the bigger engine with 186 HP ? Perhaps the smaller engine has different engineered exhaust?
Hi there.
can you tell me More about this update?
How long did it take ?
does it have a name or do I just ask about a pcm uodate.
mom heading to the dealership tomorrow for Another issue so I wanted to maybe ask about this too.
thanks
From Ontario here.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Actually it is a 2.5 all are 2.5 skyactive
Huh ? I'm sorry you didn't make sense .. the 2.0 and 2.5 are skyactiv yes tho however different PCM software applies especially if it is the 2.5 with cylinder deactivation.the tech that works at my dealership is a buddy of mine forgot to mention that btw.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi there.
can you tell me More about this update?
How long did it take ?
does it have a name or do I just ask about a pcm uodate.
mom heading to the dealership tomorrow for Another issue so I wanted to maybe ask about this too.
thanks
From Ontario here.
There was a computer update they did for the rough start and hesitation that is all I know at this time. I am sorry your mom is also experiencing it. I did contact Mazda and the NTSB about it also. Apparently most car manufacturers will handle things internally till complaints get multiple then the NTSB demands data.

·
Registered
324 Posts
There was a computer update they did for the rough start and hesitation that is all I know at this time. I am sorry your mom is also experiencing it. I did contact Mazda and the NTSB about it also. Apparently most car manufacturers will handle things internally till complaints get multiple then the NTSB demands data.
Which my tech friend did say that also that it will fix transmission shift points as well under acceleration as it was related to throttle response hesitation on the 2.5 and 2.5 with cylinder deactivation :)

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
142 Posts
I am not saying it does not exist, but my dealer stated on my invoice that they are not aware of such an update....just saying🙄

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am not saying it does not exist, but my dealer stated on my invoice that they are not aware of such an update....just saying🙄
I am sorry to hear that .. sounds like a similar situation I had when I had a Nissan Qashqai.. read my earlier post about that ..that was so frustrating... Thu had a PCM update all along they basically didn't want to do it till the issue presented it self for them .. like really.. what's the worst that's going to happen .. oh wait it fixed the issue lol 🤣but yet I had do go 6 months with the issue :rolleyes:

41 - 60 of 85 Posts