Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
738 Posts
It certainly does have a warm up routine - that is for sure.

I usually let it do it's little routine and let the revs drop a bit before driving away if I have the time. It only rev's high for about 30 seconds
here is a quick little video from Mazda about the accelerated warmup mode.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wai-what? Accelerated Warm Up Mode, Really...I thought that was standard warm-up mode on computer controlled vehicles.

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
738 Posts
Wai-what? Accelerated Warm Up Mode, Really...I thought that was standard warm-up mode on computer controlled vehicles.
Mazda's I find is a little more aggressive with the skyactiv engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an appt the second week in July am on quarantine someone around me has covid
Did you ever get resolved? I have this problem continuously and have taken it in twice and I got one person who could replicate it, but all others no. They claimed to of checked everything and software and cant find the problem. Mine only has 3500 miles on it and already had one new battery. Wondering if anyone got a separate opinion from private mechanic? I have a premium FWD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
not a problem and i am sorry that you are having a frustrating experience with your cx-30 and i will continue to drive mine how i always have and let you guys know if anthing changes but i am happy so far as the shift points are allot smoother and almost seamless.
Do you know the name of the software update? what is PCM

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
138 Posts
PCM = Power-train Control Module ... It controls the shift points of the Transmission. And much much more...

What exactly are you experiencing with the transmission?

·
Registered
8 Posts
PCM = Power-train Control Module ... It controls the shift points of the Transmission. And much much more...

What exactly are you experiencing with the transmission?
Car jerks and lurches when accelerating at slow speeds, like if its parked for a bit , I back up and try to accelerate and it hesitates and jerky motion. Also hard drive in general. Brought in several times and only one tech could replicate, but couldnt find the problem...

·
Registered
738 Posts
So I dropped my CX 30 off this morning at my dealership for a rattle issue in the dash and was given a 2018 Mazda 6 with 2,400 km on it and Interestingly the transmission when I was driving feels allot more refined and smoother if I compared it to my CX 30. Just thought I would share that as iv had nothing to compare it to regards to another Mazda.

·
Registered
738 Posts
My AT has really smoothed out as I near 8k miles.
Hmm interesting.. software must of made some self learning changes to driving habits or something along those lines 🙂

·
Registered
278 Posts
Car jerks and lurches when accelerating at slow speeds, like if its parked for a bit , I back up and try to accelerate and it hesitates and jerky motion. Also hard drive in general. Brought in several times and only one tech could replicate, but couldnt find the problem...
Mine does the same thing at low speed. Accelerate briskly no issue, accelerate normally herky-jerky.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
176 Posts
Mine does the same thing at low speed. Accelerate briskly no issue, accelerate normally herky-jerky.
I think that has a lot to do with it. If you go either really easy, or more briskly, it's great. There is an in-between throttle response that it doesn't agree with.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
138 Posts
Can we all start posting Build dates and FWD/AWD to see if there is any correlation?

1. I have a NOV/19 AWD that has been silky smooth since day one. The first 1,000 miles there were a couple times where it was not sure what gear to be in. But once it learned how I drive it is spot on. At about 9,300 Mi now...

2. My mother has a FWD not sure on build date (Leased in late February). Only 2000 miles but no issues as of yet...

·
Registered
738 Posts
January 2020.. made in Mexico.. mine was specifically ordered right from the assembly plant.. didn't want one of the two that was on the lot.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
176 Posts
The 3/CX-30 are IMO sensitive to throttle input. Going light, and not exceeding 2,500 rpms per shift, it's extremely smooth. Seamless.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I drove a 2018 mazda 6 from my dealership two weeks ago with almost 2,000 KM on it and intrestingly enough im not sure if it was to do with a different software version but it felt little more refined and smoother then what our cx-30s are.. just food for thought :) I had the vehicle for a day as a loaner and i drove it the same way as i drove my cx 30 as i wanted to compare things as it has the same engine and transmission and smoother it was.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 Premium
9 Posts
So I dropped my CX 30 off this morning at my dealership for a rattle issue in the dash and was given a 2018 Mazda 6 with 2,400 km on it and Interestingly the transmission when I was driving feels allot more refined and smoother if I compared it to my CX 30. Just thought I would share that as iv had nothing to compare it to regards to another Mazda.
Were they able to diagnose your rattle in the dash?? I have the same issue.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Were they able to diagnose your rattle in the dash?? I have the same issue.
Yes they made it allot better and used some foam tape on that small change compartment on the left driver's side by where your left kne d would be just above ..it was that compartment that opens .. lol I call it the drive through change compartment but I emptied it tho but the foam tape seems to help a little.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts