Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, a little background on me. I come from turbo Subarus in the past. I have always installed a turbo back exhaust and some light tuning to really wake the engine.
What options are available for this turbo motor? I did a search online and I didn’t find much unfortunately. I don’t want anything to loud just a nice clean sounding exhaust. I don’t want a axle back, I want a full turbo back so I can Benefit from the gains in performance especially if I do a tune. I know this isn’t a sports car so the options may be limited. I know the Subaru Outback, forester, Wrx, legacy GT all have great aftermarket support. I know the turbo motor hasn’t been in this car long so maybe I need to give it time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no turbo back as of now. Corksport is working on a catback for the 30 for later this year. not sure about downpipe.
Thanks man, I kind of figured after doing some searching. I guess I assumed because this same engine is offered in the Mazda 3 that maybe there would be more aftermarket support. I suppose it’s still new in these vehicles, maybe in time. I’ll keep my eye out for stuff.
Thank you.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo Polymetal Gray
31 Posts
If the previous gen Mazda 3 is anything to go by, I hope the tuning potential of the 2.5T platform will be insane!
Corksport got the Mazda 3 2.0 Skyactive G to around 280WHP. Here's hoping we're pulling 350WHP 5 years down the road lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the previous gen Mazda 3 is anything to go by, I hope the tuning potential of the 2.5T platform will be insane!
Corksport got the Mazda 3 2.0 Skyactive G to around 280WHP. Here's hoping we're pulling 350WHP 5 years down the road lol
That would be great. I think this new 2.5T could really shine! It’s definitely tuned for low end torque. I’m pretty curious with a full turbo back exhaust and a good tune what kind of numbers it could put down. I don’t know much about Mazdas turbo engines. It will definitely be a learning curve with this new motor for me but I’m excited to jump in with it.

Thats pretty good! Is that 2.0 a turbo motor or NA? I have a lot to learn about Mazda and all their engines they put in their cars. I know the 2.3 turbo that used to be in the speed 3 had some issues. I had a friend with one and when it ran it was pretty good but he definitely had some problems. I think that’s when ford owned them. Hoping this new engine will be a lot more solid and reliable. I’m alittle nervous as I heard some 2021s are burning oil. But I figure it’s under warranty and hopefully Mazda figures it out or maybe they already have that issue figured out for the 2022?

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo Polymetal Gray
31 Posts
Regarding the oil burning issue, I can successfully report no oil burning at all at 16000kms, even with some minor abuse (I test drove the cx-30 turbo at the dealership and essentially floored it within the first few kilometers of driving it. Turns out the car I test drove was the S/N that I was purchasing haha)

As for the 2.0 Skyactive, my mistake it was the 2.5 NA actually! It was the NA motor that got converted with a turbo kit by Corksport. Very niche though because it's only for the previous version manual mazda 3. Hopefully the tech eventually carries over to the 2018+ mazdas 2014-2018 Mazda 3 2.5L Manual Turbo Kit

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Regarding the oil burning issue, I can successfully report no oil burning at all at 16000kms, even with some minor abuse (I test drove the cx-30 turbo at the dealership and essentially floored it within the first few kilometers of driving it. Turns out the car I test drove was the S/N that I was purchasing haha)

As for the 2.0 Skyactive, my mistake it was the 2.5 NA actually! It was the NA motor that got converted with a turbo kit by Corksport. Very niche though because it's only for the previous version manual mazda 3. Hopefully the tech eventually carries over to the 2018+ mazdas 2014-2018 Mazda 3 2.5L Manual Turbo Kit
I hate when that happens. You always hope to get a car with no test drives that hasn’t been floored or beaten on. oh well, I’m sure she will be fine. I was upset when I got mine. The detail kids floored it across the lot and I happed to see it. I wasn’t thrilled. Had to take it as there was no more turbos coming in for awhile. It’s ok I received it with 7 miles so they didn’t go far with it. Plus at the factory these engines get ran to redline. The factory tests everything out before they ship them so I’m told.

that’s sweet about them tuning the NA 2.5 and getting those numbers. I’m assuming that was on stock internals? It will be great when this engine gets some extra aftermarket support. I really think it can push some pretty crazy power with a full turbo back and a tune. 320 ftlbs that it has right now is impressive especially at low RPMs I can feel it pull pretty decent. 250 HP is definitely not bad either but i bet with some tuning you could hit 300 plus reliably and maybe an extra 50 ftlbs as well. Be perfect!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A good article on the 2.5L Skyactiv G Turbo:

Interesting video showing how the dynamic pressure turbo works to get all that torque on the low end:
Thanks for sharing, great video and article. Definitely cool to see how they worked things! This motor has so much potential. Can’t wait to see what kinds of power people are getting out of it once it starts to get more aftermarket support. Sounds like a lot of companies are working on parts and tunes I’m pretty excited.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts