Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We drove our CX-30 off the lot with a full tank and haven't filled it up yet. I assume they would use premium to show off the performance. I'm wondering if the performance boost from using premium (227 to 250 hp) is very noticable when entering a freeway and passing cars? Which do most turbo drivers use? Cost aside, are there any mechanical issues with long term use of premium?

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
91 Posts
It will run fine on regular but if you want optimum performance, then use premium.
It will run fine on mid-grade also.
The computer will adjust to the regular, mid-grade or premium.
I use premium for maximum performance but not sure I would notice a difference if I used regular.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda MX-30 Turbo
201 Posts
The higher the octane, the slower the fuel burns, so the timing can be advanced a bit more without risk of detonation, or "ping". This gives you the extra 25 horsepower with Premium fuel. Running regular STILL gets me in trouble driving TOO DAMN FAST!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I'll have to try both. I hadn't thought about a computer making adjustments with these newfangled cars.
If I was a car salesman/dealership owner, I'd use premium, it seems like a small investment to impress a buyer for the potential payoff. Thanks all.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo
47 Posts
No real world difference per my butt-dyno, and trust me, I pound this thing (please, do NOT tell my wife).

A tank full of melted crayons wouldn't hold this thing back.

It's a beast!

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD 2021 CX-30 GS FWD
96 Posts
I had a 2018 Mazda6 Turbo and did 53kkms in it. I mostly used regular fuel and I agree that for regular street driving there was no real difference that my butt dyno detected. This engine makes the same torque regardless of fuel type maybe that is why it is hard to detect any difference with fuel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just filled it up for the first time, I bought premium, I'll buy regular next time. Whatever kind of gas was in it, it made my butt dyno-happy. Maybe it's no big deal for most of you, but it's the most powerful car I've ever owned and I'm loving it. The first tank was only 20mpg with at least a quarter of the mileage driven on the highway. I guess it's the old, 'You play - You pay'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts