Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone

I have created two new forums today - one for modifications to your CX-30 and another for DIY threads for the CX-30.

If you know of any modification or DIY threads that are already on the forum, please let me know - either as a post in this thread below, or by a private conversation to me - and I will review and move the thread to the appropriate new forum.

I'll try and put together some guidelines for each forum so you know which forum to put your thread in - and what to do when putting the thread together. As a starter, I would expect Modification threads to include things like changing the front grille insert, adding mud flaps or changing the rear light clusters, whereas a DIY thread would be changing the oil, changing the battery, updating the sat nav software etc.

Thanks everyone.

Martin (Admin)

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
157 Posts
Hi everyone

I have created two new forums today - one for modifications to your CX-30 and another for DIY threads for the CX-30.

View attachment 1712

If you know of any modification or DIY threads that are already on the forum, please let me know - either as a post in this thread below, or by a private conversation to me - and I will review and move the thread to the appropriate new forum.

I'll try and put together some guidelines for each forum so you know which forum to put your thread in - and what to do when putting the thread together. As a starter, I would expect Modification threads to include things like changing the front grille insert, adding mud flaps or changing the rear light clusters, whereas a DIY thread would be changing the oil, changing the battery, updating the sat nav software etc.

Thanks everyone.

Martin (Admin)
I really appreciate those initiatives. With today's car, it become harder to DIY the maintenance but, by putting our forces together, we will do it !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah I must add BE VERY CAREFUL on what DIY you do if electrical or mechanical changes that are Sensor Monitored and or if you restrict anything to engine air flow as you will trigger DTC's as ALL electrically powered devices are ECU/BCM/IC/CMU/ABS Monitored.
Plus be careful on what 12V accessories you add to interior 12V Outlet.

·
Administrator
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I may move some of the DIY threads to General Discussion. This is because they are so far just advice regarding DIY. They are not what I envisaged as a DIY guide to doing a job on the car (like changing a lamp, or changing wiper blades).

Let me know if you agree below.

·
Administrator
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's how we do it on the SLK forum I help moderate too.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
157 Posts
I think I may move some of the DIY threads to General Discussion. This is because they are so far just advice regarding DIY. They are not what I envisaged as a DIY guide to doing a job on the car (like changing a lamp, or changing wiper blades).

Let me know if you agree below.
I agree

1 - 7 of 7 Posts