Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t drive my wife’s CX-30 very often but, today, I noticed that (i) the front screen washers are in the wiper arm and (ii) when looking at a river close up on the nav screen it was simulating flowing water. It really did look like a flowing river on the main screen. Very impressive.

The other thing I really like is whatever your main screen is showing, say information, nav directions and radio channel are shown on the bottom of the screen.

Habu

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
411 Posts
Reports from my Mrs are that she misses on the display.. the next street name even when sat nav is off... I've not checked the settings as yet to see if it's available..

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
53 Posts
Great info. We don't have the NAV SD card yet as we are waiting to see if she wants it versus using Carplay, which we have not tried yet. I also want to try Andoid Auto from my phone.

I have not check to see if ours shows the upcoming street name or not so I will check this weekend as I do like that in my Miata.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I too have noticed that the upcoming street name does NOT appear on the new NAV system. That said, the new NAV is much better than the old system. The addition of the Sirius XM Traffic plus Travel for 5 years at no extra charge on the GT is a bonus. You can see live weather with this as well. Waze is always a reliable alternative via Carplay.

·
Registered
110 Posts
... addition of the Sirius XM Traffic plus Travel for 5 years at no extra charge on the GT is a bonus. You can see live weather with this as well. …
Is Sirius traffic separate than the included Sirius XM radio service, or is that all the same thing?
I think we only get 3 months of free Sirius radio in the US.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is separate. In Canada we get 3 months of Sirius XM radio and 5 years of Sirius Traffic and Travel INCLUDED in the cost of the car. The 5 years of Traffic and Travel is good even if you don't subscribe to the Sirius XM beyond the 3 month trial. I confirmed this with the dealer. This is only offered on the GT model in Canada, I don't know what the offer is in the U.S. or other markets.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just checked the Mazda USA site and it looks like Sirius Traffic and Travel is not offered on any trim there. That's odd. Usually in Canada we get shorted the things offered in the U.S. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
From the Sirius US website:-

Availability

SiriusXM® Availability MY 2020

Model 3-Month SiriusXM Audio 3-Year SiriusXM Traffic Plus & Travel Link
Mazda3 Sedan Standard
Preferred Package
N/A
Mazda3 5-door Standard
Preferred & Premium Package
N/A
Mazda6 Standard
Grand Touring, GT, Reserve, & Signature
Standard
Signature
MX-5 Standard
Club & Grand Touring
N/A
CX-30 Standard
N/A
CX-5 Standard
Grand Touring & Signature
Standard
Signature AWD
CX-9 Standard
Touring, Grand Touring & Signature
Standard

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reports from my Mrs are that she misses on the display.. the next street name even when sat nav is off... I've not checked the settings as yet to see if it's available..
Steve, I'm having a senior moment. If the nav is off how will the car know the next street name? It certainly show the next street to turn onto when navigation is on.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
60 Posts
From the Sirius US website:-

Availability

SiriusXM® Availability MY 2020

Model 3-Month SiriusXM Audio 3-Year SiriusXM Traffic Plus & Travel Link
Mazda3 Sedan Standard
Preferred Package
N/A
Mazda3 5-door Standard
N/A
Mazda6 Standard
Grand Touring, GT, Reserve, & Signature
Standard
Signature
MX-5 Standard
Club & Grand Touring
N/A
CX-30 Standard
N/A
CX-5 Standard
Standard
Signature AWD
CX-9 Standard
Touring, Grand Touring & Signature
Standard
I have a 2020 CX-30, Premium trim and the Sirius Travel plus and Travel link are working in my car. I remember seeing on the Mazda website that it was free for 3 years (at least, as I‘m on a 3 year lease and I knew I’d have it for the full term of the lease). I’ll try to find where I read this and post it here.

i just found the info below which may be where I read it before. I do have the Navigation SD option installed (eBay $45).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Steve, I'm having a senior moment. If the nav is off how will the car know the next street name? It certainly show the next street to turn onto when navigation is on.
If the NAV is off you won't see ANY streets. If you aren't navigating anywhere but have the map view on, in the old Mazda NAV system it would show the road you are driving on at the bottom of the screen and at the top of the screen would show the name of the next cross street. The new NAV does NOT do this.

·
Registered
411 Posts
in our previous mazda2 and cx3 even with the sat nav screen showning audio the next turning street name would appear at the top of the screen...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just checked the Mazda USA site and it looks like Sirius Traffic and Travel is not offered on any trim there. That's odd. Usually in Canada we get shorted the things offered in the U.S. :)
Haha. It seems to be common with the CX30. In the US we don't have heated side mirrors, or heated steering wheel, or heated wipers, which I think are all available in the great white north (which is only a few miles away from me!) I would have wanted all the winter options if they were available here, even if it was an add-on package at extra cost.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
485 Posts
Canada also gets a time limit warranty with unlimited kilometers

·
Registered
411 Posts
You've mentioned a Mazda3 too... Is there a Mazda that you haven't owned? :)

my son has the new mazda 3:):)
i went to the showroom when it was launched to take a look as i new the cx3 was being based on the 3, he fell in love with it and bought one,....not bad for a 22 yrs old

we/ my wife have had 2 mazda2's a cx3 and now the cx30.
for us the the brand has been good and the service from our family run dealership excellent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts