Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda Cx30 2021 2.0 e-skyactive 122hp
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about the offroad tyres?
What are the advantages and the dissadvantages against the street tyres?

What do you think for the ovrall looking of your car? Do you prefer street/sport or angry/offroad looking?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
196 Posts
I think you should select a tire based on its purpose rather than its aesthetics. If most of your driving is on pavement, then select tires that are best designed for that purpose. Offroad tires with huge chunky blocks may look badass (if you like that Jeep Wrangler look), but compromise a lot when it comes to grip on smoother surfaces like pavement, noise, etc.

Personally, I view my CX-30 as a budget luxury CUV with an emphasis on sporty handling characteristics and upscale interior design elements. A poor man's BMW X3 / Audi Q3, etc. rather than a substitute for something designed for rock crawling. It has plenty of clearance for the occasional cottage roads one might encounter while chewing up highways in relative comfort and quiet.

·
Registered
Turbo Ordered 19+ Weeks
77 Posts
You should probably choose your tires based on function first...how and where you plan to drive and what climate you live in. Then choose the look you want. The look you want will likely be heavily influenced by the size you choose, taking into consideration height and width and how these measurements will look in contrast to the wheel gap, cladding, etc.

Do you primarily drive on paved roads. Buy street tires.
Do you occasionally go off road? Buy some off road tires.
Is it cold/snowy where you live? Get a set of all season or snow tires.

Aesthetics are subjective but use a little common sense... if you never plan on going off road, why put on heavy off-road tires... in case of an apocalyptic event? #mallcrawler Likewise, if you're frequently going off-road, it doesn't make sense to be running low profile summer tires. There are tire options for a mixture of conditions. In my opinion, function before fashion when it comes to tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, I view my CX-30 as a spending plan extravagance CUV with an accentuation on energetic taking care of qualities and upscale inside plan components. A helpless man's BMW X3/Audi Q3, and so on rather than a substitute for something intended for rock creeping. It has a lot of leeway for a periodic house streets one may experience while biting up interstates in relative solace and calm.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda MX-30 Turbo
201 Posts
Personally, I view my CX-30 as a budget luxury CUV with an emphasis on sporty handling characteristics and upscale interior design elements. A poor man's BMW X3 / Audi Q3, etc. rather than a substitute for something designed for rock crawling.
You read my mind! Well-said, Sir.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus in Snowflake White Pearl
65 Posts
Consider the A/T tires specifically designed for crossovers, like the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail and the BF Goodrich Trail Terrain T/A. Both tires are based on their equivalent full all-terrain design, but with more on-road comforts. @lupineblue has the Trail Terrains on his.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
152 Posts
I'm planning to buy a set of performance all seasons designed for crossovers after I burn through the stock tires or get sick of them. I don't plan to drive my car off road or even on any gravel or dirt roads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts