Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech X, Auto,2wd
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re- ALH (Adaptive LED Headlight). Manual states to put the headlight control to auto and set low beam.
In this mode, my headlights alternate between high beam and low beam depending on traffic.

I have seen several internet references to keeping the high beam on (lever forward) and the adaptive LED process will beam form depending on traffic. This isn't mentioned in the manual.

Question. For those with European ALH, do you set auto+low beam or keep high beam selected (forward stick and blue icon on) ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
366 Posts
We have lights on auto and the high beam button, on the end of the indicator stalk , turned on......
Hope this helps 👍

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech X, Auto,2wd
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Steve.
Yes, that's how I use the system too, but the button on the end of the stalk is the ALH button. High beam is specifically selected by moving the lever forward through the indent, which for me switches off ALH and forces the lights to high beam (blue annunciator on).

Thanks

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
366 Posts
Now I look forward to winter/ night driving... Led matrix lights are the way forward 👍😎😂

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech (UK, RHD), Skyactiv-X
42 Posts
as steve67 said, I leave lights on auto and the high beam button pressed. The indicator stalk is not moved forwards to high beam (as you said, ALH is disabled this way).

I've had multiple times where ALH works and the car simple shines the high beam off, then partially switches off when it sees oncoming traffic. It just works

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
37 Posts
Yes, definitely leave the stalk in the inner position (nearest to you) and not pushed away to leave the adaptive lights on. My Lexus requires the stalk pushed away into the high beam position to activate the adaptive lights which, to me, seems more intuitive. I’d never buy a car without adaptive beams. My last 5 cars have had them.
I wonder why they’re prohibited in the US?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts