1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-Skyactiv X SE-L Lux Mhev 186ps
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
This thread is for British owners.
Those who has their CX-30 on PCP, can I please ask if applying ceramic coat or putting the lower grille can be classified as “modification”?
Not too sure as don’t want to breach contract

tgank you

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
269 Posts
For those of us around the world but following because we like to learn new things, what is PDP?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For those of us around the world but following because we like to learn new things, what is PDP?
Sorry meant to be PCP - personal contract purchase. Basically the car is on finance :)

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
269 Posts
I probably misread or mistyped. Now that I've seen it I see it. I find it very interesting to learn new things we label differently on the two sides of the pond.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
157 Posts
Sorry meant to be PCP - personal contract purchase. Basically the car is on finance :)
Yeah, to be 'on PCP' here means doing drugs...LOL
Is that a lease? Where the car goes back after payments for a set time? In that case I think they expect it to be 'as received' Although I don't think the items mentioned would cause issue. I don't think I'd spend the money for a coating on a leased vehicle though. Would not do anything that could not be easily reversed if that is what the contract says.
I would guess most of us have at least part of the cost financed, but with the intention of owning the vehicle in the end. In that case, we do pretty much anything we want. My coating was included in the financed purchase price

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I probably misread or mistyped. Now that I've seen it I see it. I find it very interesting to learn new things we label differently on the two sides of the pond.
yes i agree 💯to learn how we label things so differently for eg aubergine vs eggplant or crib vs cot 😂

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, to be 'on PCP' here means doing drugs...LOL
Is that a lease? Where the car goes back after payments for a set time? In that case I think they expect it to be 'as received' Although I don't think the items mentioned would cause issue. I don't think I'd spend the money for a coating on a leased vehicle though. Would not do anything that could not be easily reversed if that is what the contract says.
I would guess most of us have at least part of the cost financed, but with the intention of owning the vehicle in the end. In that case, we do pretty much anything we want. My coating was included in the financed purchase price
Oh dear !!! Did I just say the car “on drugs” ? 😂
Basically it’s on lease and we can choose to pay a set amount agreed at the end to keep the car or we can return the car and choose a different car and move on .

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
157 Posts
Never say in America you are going to lay the table or walk on the pavement
We do walk on 'pavement' - any paved surface, but 'sidewalk' would be the concrete walkway along the street. We would 'set' the table.
For this forum the most common word differences would be 'bonnet' and 'boot' - 'Hood' and 'Trunk' ( lift gate/rear hatch for the CX-30 ).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts