Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else in the UK had notification of a recall inspection? If so, do you know what it is for?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
554 Posts
Not had any notification and my VIN shows no recall outstanding.

For those in the UK who want to check:

Reactions: mattleics

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phoned earlier to book the car in and they said it was for a couple of software updates. One for the brakes and one for the engine, but he didn't elaborate further.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Booked mine in for service and battery issue, told there is a some recalls listed for my vehicle

·
Administrator
554 Posts
Well good luck, both of you. If you get wind of what the recalls are about, let us know. Maybe I and @mattleics have newer models that have already been updated.

Reactions: mattleics

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have not got the link, but going on memory, the recall is for the Hill Brake Assist function and something to do with when you release Brake Pedal on iced road the car may accelerate without you putting foot on Acc pedal...the 'engine' one not certain about, but it is all software update only.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
65 Posts
Call from dealers today stating my frost damaged petrol cap replacement is now in stock, and my CX30 is booked in 12th March. They also said they would need the car for a full day due to a recall from Mazda on it.

I asked what the recall was about and they said a software update to rectify a battery drainage problem on the earlier models and other minor tweaks ( sadly not be BHP/Torque update) I believe my car has already had this update following my earlier battery drain problems but we will discover when the vehicle is checked out.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
65 Posts
Call from dealers today stating my frost damaged petrol cap replacement is now in stock, and my CX30 is booked in 12th March. They also said they would need the car for a full day due to a recall from Mazda on it.

I asked what the recall was about and they said a software update to rectify a battery drainage problem on the earlier models and other minor tweaks ( sadly not be BHP/Torque update) I believe my car has already had this update following my earlier battery drain problems but we will discover when the vehicle is checked out.
My fuel filler cap distortion issue was resolved yesterday when the dealer fitted a new modified hinge bracket attaching my Crystal Blue cover to it and everything looks fine.
I asked about the software recall they carried out at the same time, I was advised it was to alleviate the connect system draining batteries issue whilst the radio etc. is being used in aux (non ignition) mode, plus fixing a few minor bugs in the operating system, the update applies to early models only. So basically unless you have an early model or the battery drainage issues there is nothing to get excited about.

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
1 Posts
Booked mine in for service and battery issue, told there is a some recalls listed for my vehicle
My 2020 GT sport still has an ongoing battery draining problem and that's after two visits back to the workshop in Dundee. Totally lost all confidence in going far from the front door with this vehicle.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
97 Posts
Mine needs a diagnostics running for another electrical/software issue, i was booked in on the 27th feb and after the 44 mile journey there i found out they forgot to book me in despite having confirmation, e mailed their service dept on the 2nd march to which i had a reply , i then e mailed for an update on the 5th and never had a reply since !

·
Registered
88 Posts
My 2020 GT sport still has an ongoing battery draining problem and that's after two visits back to the workshop in Dundee. Totally lost all confidence in going far from the front door with this vehicle.
I feel your pain, it's only two days since my service and updates so fingers crossed no issues so far, I have to take mine back to get a new petrol flap when it arrives

·
Administrator
554 Posts
@Nom B - Sorry to hear about your battery problem. Hope you get it sorted.

First things first, though, welcome to the forum, but please update your profile and post an introduction. It's all explained here. Thanks

Martin (Administrator)

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
69 Posts
For those of you who’ve had the fuel door issue rectified was it just the hinge that was replaced and not the fuel painted door? My wife’s going is going in next week for this to be rectified and she’s being told the dealer wants the car Thursday to Saturday! Now there’s no more frost her fuel door is fitting flush to the surrounding bodywork so I don’t see why this needs changing when a modified hinge would suffice. Surely swapping a hinge and refitting a fuel door cover would be a ‘while you wait’ job?

·
Registered
88 Posts
For those of you who’ve had the fuel door issue rectified was it just the hinge that was replaced and not the fuel painted door? My wife’s going is going in next week for this to be rectified and she’s being told the dealer wants the car Thursday to Saturday! Now there’s no more frost her fuel door is fitting flush to the surrounding bodywork so I don’t see why this needs changing when a modified hinge would suffice. Surely swapping a hinge and refitting a fuel door cover would be a ‘while you wait’ job?
They've told me it's the flap and assembly, and that it'll need to go to paint shop, still waiting for it to come in, no mention of how long they need the car for, like you I thought they would just modify the existing hinge but was told it's getting done under warranty so I assume it's Mazda policy?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks bruceboss. Our part has been at the dealers about 3 weeks but my wife has booked it in to align with her annual leave. The part was ordered in late January when I reported the blowing hinge issue. The dealer was aware of this matter then.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks bruceboss. Our part has been at the dealers about 3 weeks but my wife has booked it in to align with her annual leave. The part was ordered in late January when I reported the blowing hinge issue. The dealer was aware of this matter then.
Sounds like I'll have a wait then, mines only been on order for 5 days, mine like yours is only showing slight distortion but this will only get worse with each passing winter

·
Update your profile.
3 Posts
Has anyone else in the UK had notification of a recall inspection? If so, do you know what it is for?
Hi with reference to a recall,my cx30 was booked in for 1st service so I bent their ear about the persistent flat battery and
Also deformed fuel cap..On arrival for the service the guy told there was a recall ref flat battery it was a reprogramming of
The BCM (body control module) ..This was done during the service.They tried to fix fuel cap but couldn't.So had to go back a week later for new one fitting..By the way they also fitted new body coloured part which was sprayed 3 days before
By the man who goes to dealership every week to fix minor paint problems on cars for sale..Job only took 20 min..
So in summary,Now I have had BCM reprogrammed,filler cap door replaced and keep my keys In a Faraday box,all seems OK at moment(y)Watch this space🤞:oops:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, the flat battery issue is a known issue and, as you say, there’s a TSB to sort it. Cars that are being used regularly aren’t generally affected. My wife’s car got the software installed today even though her car was fine. The fuel door isn’t sorted though. They didn’t get the door painted as, allegedly didn’t know it needed painting until lastminute.com so that part needs changing. They supposedly cut some holes in the box as per Mazdas instructions but you can’t see them as the box still looks flush with the rear of the lid.🙄

1 - 20 of 26 Posts