Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got my 2020 CX-30 Premium FWD almost 2 months ago.
I love the rides, including a 1000 miles round trip over a week. The seats were comfortable enough to hold me there without a major back or knee pain.

it’s currently on Warranty service for cosmetic issues on the exterior when it came new. I’ve got a CX-5 Sport loaner, ir sucked. Maybe because it was too basic. The fix was not ready and we’ve got a new loaner, a CX-9 Touring with the premium package. It had a 9” carplay screen, the Bose speakers, more vertical space.

I finally could try the Turbo engine. It was fun to the point we wanted to try out a CX-5 with the Turbo. We went to the dealership to test drive the GT Reserve trim, it was finally a good comparison.

I could spend some extra money and get the CX-5. But being pretty honest, the Turbo is not enough of fun for the price difference. The CX-30 not only offers up to date modern technology, like the rear camera, but more Comfort for the driver and front passenger.

The space for the back seats is limited In the CX-30, but doable. If you have people 6+ feet tall that will frequently go on the back seats, the CX-5 will be easier, same goes if you constantly need extra cargo space.

the audio on the CX-30 with the bose speakers is excellent, handling is superb, acceleration is not turbo but pretty responsive and fun.

for the price tag, I’d probably jump to the CX-9 Touring with the premium package.It makes more sense for cargo space (folding the 3rd row), more head clearance, Higher driver position, etc.. Something is lacking in the CX-5 here, maybe we get a CX-50 in the next year?Something redesign with the kodo style would be great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We looked at CX5 hard before we picked the CX-30.....and really happy we did. I can only explain the interior of the CX5 was a bit more "blockier" in design and not as fresh as the CX-30 - which is very radical and clean. I also like the body angles more (especially the rear of the C X-30) vs the aging CX5 body lines....The CX-30 is such an amazing expression of where Mazda is going.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Performance: M3 Hatch. Slightly better handling, speed, sportyness. Better looking.(JMO)
Utility: CX 5 Lots more room for cargo and passengers, smooth ride, great extended road trip car.
Compromise: CX 30 Handles more like 3 a than a 5 and does not look as silly pulling a small utility trailer as a 3.

For those in the right position buy a CX5 and a 3.
If not ,and especially in snow country, buy the awd 30 and a small utility trailer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
[QUOTE="leofb, post: 5675, member: 907"

Something is lacking in the CX-5 here, maybe we get a CX-50 in the next year?Something redesign with the kodo style would be great.
[/QUOTE]
CX 50 is coming with rear drive and an optional 6 inline mild hybrid with 300+ hp. Likely quite expensive.
Hopefully, an affordable rear drive turbo 2.5 will be mid range, with the normally asperated 4 on the bottom.
I have my hopes pinned on the middle choice to replace my 2017 fwd 2.5 non turbo.

The current interior in the 5 , which looked so rich when introduced ,now looks dated and I would be happier with something similar to the latest 30 or my favorite, the 3.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts