Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MX30
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a new CX30 in July 2020 and to date it has only travelled 2000 Mike’s because of UK lockdown. This morning, the Service Indicator warning light came on. Is there a hidden problem with the car? I plan to service the car in June regardless of mileage but wonder if there is a way of switching the irritating warning off? Thanks.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
80 Posts
If its the spanner light go into information , vehicle status monitor , scroll to vehicle maintenance settings, can reset using the date or distance. The next service date should be set to AUTOMATIC and NOT MANUAL. Hope this helps mate

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Base
8 Posts
I have seen several charts on oil-life for Mazdas, some are as low as 6-months or 3,000 miles depending on driving habits. So, you could actually be due.

sidenote * Post up if you get stuck in a loop with the miles left to service. We had a cold snap here that dropped my "miles to service" from 1,500 miles to 600 overnight. Then it got warm and for a month the "miles to service" kept resetting to 600 miles every time it was started. Kind of like "get it done, now!" then "eh, maybe not".

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
268 Posts
@Stewartlk - your Vehicle Details state you have an MX30 - yet you are asking about your CX-30. Please correct your vehicle details - and add your location as well so we can all help you more easily.

@mattleics - grateful if you could update your profile too, to help you when you have issues with your car.

Thanks
Martin (admin)

Reactions: mattleics

·
Registered
CX-30 Cosmo Skyactive-X Automatic
4 Posts
Hi the next service system is measuring a lot of things in the car, and have many reasons to call for an early service, but cold weather reduce very fast range to next service,
The reset of service at 600 miles or 1000 km left is a software bug, and fix date is in future release of the software.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
18 Posts
I have purchased a new CX30 in July 2020 and to date it has only travelled 2000 Mike’s because of UK lockdown. This morning, the Service Indicator warning light came on.
Service indicator systems monitor the conditions that cause the oil to degrade. Short distance trips where the engine doesn't reach full operating temperature for a long enough period of time to boil off contaminates score higher so they shorten the predicted oil lifespan. With only 2000 miles in just about nine months that would be very difficult usage for the oil to protect the engine. If your use of the vehicle remains at that level it would be wise to even be more aggressive on servicing and consider six month intervals regardless of the low mileage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts