Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Yall--I have a 2020 CX-30 Select.

Long story short, I want to upgrade the speakers and add in a sub to my car. However, the Crutchfield rep said that [1] the speaker sizes are so small, there are no good aftermarket solutions, and [2] that the base audio system will not transmit a full frequency to aftermarket speakers--so the new speakers would only pick up bass.

I want to know if any of you non-Bose-system havers have had success upgrading from the horrendous base audio system. Please say someone here has!

Also--thoughts on just adding a sub with the base system?

Thanks!
- BT
Hey bud!
I have been looking to do the same thing. And I still have not yet decided which way I am going to go. However, make sure you have adjusted your equalizer settings and play with all the frequencies available. The Mazda Harmonic Acoustics is way better than the Bose systems as it can be tweaked to your taste. I would recommend looking into those spare tire subs. You would have to make minimal modifications to the existing system and you can use the already existing subs wiring to direct that straight to the amp and have that clean bass you want.

let me know if you have any questions about the advanced equalizer settings.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 GT Turbo Deep Crystal Blue Mica, Conti PureContact LS 235/50R18
14 Posts
I think it is a question of Mazda factory settings on their Bose 12 speaker system. My 2019 Mazda 3 GT hatch had a way better sound from their factory setting. Rich emotional bass and clear notes. i.e. Time from Pink Floyd. The clocks ticking were clear like you can almost realisticaly touch them and the bass was punchy. 'Let go - (Feat Grabbitz)' from Deadmau5 is another example of a progression bass (3:15 min) until the hard base comes in. But the same Bose system in my 2022 CX30 GT Turbo is completly the opossite. The clear note are gone and the bass? What bass? And I have roughly the same settings as in my M3. Spoke with Mazda reps with no results. The idea here is to have access to these pre-defined settings. It is less expensive to recalibrate a system (if it can be done so) than to change the system. Mazda and Bose did a good job in designing a 'stock' sound system. It just needs a bit more refinements which can be appreciated in the CX30.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is for the CX 30... but the amp is located on my CX-5 in the same spot under the passenger seat and looks the same..? I have a CANADA 2021.5 GX- basemodel with 4 speakers. there is an amp below the passenger seat I just don't know what connector out of the 3 - (if I can remember correctly) is the plug for the speaker connections out from the amp. Also what color's go to which speaker.
Although the car has a elaborate DSP style EQ- driver only or all seats mode. I will probably run this as all seats mode and flatten the EQ at the headunit - add components up front - since there are so tweeters on this model. I will be running a DM608 to do time alignment and eq.. and a 5 channel amp. Maybe even add another amp to run active for better time alignment.

PLEASE SOMEONE PLEASE POST what color speaker wires with (images) if possible to to which speaker for the CX-5 GX with the basic 4 speaker setup that has the factory amp under the passenger seat!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread has been helpful as well as a few other. Pitching in on what I have done to my car.

Just got my 2022 CX30 Select audio upgrade with a mini powered sub professionally installed.
Infinity Basslink Mini underneath the driver seat. When asking the shop, they said it is the Infinity equivalent of the JBL Basspro Nano, which was my original choice.

I asked the shop how it would wired and they confirmed that most likely method is tapping into front speaker wires.

As previously posted, there is a grill that house the amp under the passenger side, so the tech could not fit it under there, which would have been my preferred location. Now I get some extra vibrating "effect" on higher volumn but it is not too bad hah.

I like how how it turned out, as I just needed the lows. Stock non Bose had good enough mid and high for me.

Got it done for 399$ for labor and parts including tax.

Good luck all.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts