Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Premium Snowflake White (previously 2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic)
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The link below indicates that going forward the Premium trim in the US will not include the Bose audio system. In looking at the window stickers of in-transit Premium trim CX-30’s using the Mazda US inventory search tool, I found a number of cars that don’t list the Bose system as part of the Premium trim package. I’m glad I decided to accept my dealers offer to move into a new lease early as I took delivery three weeks ago of my second Premium trim CX-30 and it does have the Bose system.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Premium Snowflake White (previously 2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic)
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the video, the CX-5 Premium is losing Bose and the power lift gate…

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
270 Posts
I was okay with my 2022 CX-30 CE not having Bose. The regular sound system sounds fine for my USB MP3 music library needs - but I'm not a serious audiophile, nor do I like excessively loud or booming-bass type music. I also don't understand the appeal/need of a power liftgate - the regular/manual hatch is fine IMO. Hell, I would be happy if they removed the push button start & stupid/annoying proximity fob system (& phone connectivity app) also from their vehicles.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
269 Posts
I don't see the point of the power lift gate either. I've never had issues opening the lift gate of any car. Maybe it's a problem for short people or people with arthritis.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda 3 Premium Hatch polymetal gray over red/blk
273 Posts
I have the PLG on my 5. The hatch on my 3 is faster to operate manually and pretty much effortless. I fail to see the need. As a consequence of my 70 yr old brain, I sometimes press the lock button on the 3 and wait for it close, and fail to use the power button on the 5 only to be surprised by the resistance and the sound when I try operate it manually.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Obviously, the value of both the Bose system and power lift gate are a personal decision. My main reason for starting this thread was to point out that a feature (Bose) that was always part of the Premium trim level is no longer included and if important to the potential buyer, they could be aware of the change.
I agree with concept that features you once thought frivolous, can quickly become a “necessity“ once you’ve had them. I recently rented a car without “keyless/touch” entry and I “swore” every time I had to reach into my pocket to get out the key fob. Petty, I know, but you get used to something. The best part of the power lift gate (which is still part of the Premium trim on the CX-30) for me is being able to close and lock the car after getting something out of the back.
Cheers

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
270 Posts
Obviously, the value of both the Bose system and power lift gate are a personal decision. My main reason for starting this thread was to point out that a feature (Bose) that was always part of the Premium trim level is no longer included and if important to the potential buyer, they could be aware of the change.
I agree with concept that features you once thought frivolous, can quickly become a “necessity“ once you’ve had them. I recently rented a car without “keyless/touch” entry and I “swore” every time I had to reach into my pocket to get out the key fob. Petty, I know, but you get used to something. The best part of the power lift gate (which is still part of the Premium trim on the CX-30) for me is being able to close and lock the car after getting something out of the back.
Cheers
Even the manual liftgate version has a lock button on the hatch next to the handle, for locking all the doors & such. Also, if you open the hatch when the car is already locked-up, the doors still stay locked.

I always hated carrying keys & key fobs in my pocket (even before they became keyless touch/entry) because sometime certain buttons on fob could trigger accidently while in the pocket (set off the panic button a few times even, lol). These days I use a quality belt hook to attach my fob to instead & it's super easy to access while sitting, walking, etc. The crappy Mazda fob design is especially awful for pocket carry, due to how easy the side-mounted button are accidently triggered, but no issues with it on a belt hook.

Reactions: zico21

·
Registered
22 CX-30 Premium Platinum Quartz
62 Posts
The loss of Bose in the Premium level is not necessarily permanent. It is a supply train issue. That's why Premium vehicles without Bose get a $400 reduction in MSRP to compensate.

Once info about the 2023 models comes out, we'll see.

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
120 Posts
The loss of Bose in the Premium level is not necessarily permanent. It is a supply train issue. That's why Premium vehicles without Bose get a $400 reduction in MSRP to compensate.

Once info about the 2023 models comes out, we'll see.
in the UK the Bose is dropped because of the worldwide chip shortage.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 in premium trim. Deep crystal blue mica, white interior.
37 Posts
I don't see the point of the power lift gate either. I've never had issues opening the lift gate of any car. Maybe it's a problem for short people or people with arthritis.
I like the power lift gate, I don't actually need it, but as a partially disabled vet I appreciate the convenience.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 in premium trim. Deep crystal blue mica, white interior.
37 Posts
Cheers
The Bose system is deleted for the lack of chips to support it, not enough chips for all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts