Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like my CX 30 very much, but ---- very disappointed that Mazda chose to deprive USA customers of many 'goodies' that it favored in other Markets (Canadian, Euro., Asian). I'm referring to such things as: heated steering wheel, heated side mirrors, ventilated seats, 365 camera system, etc.
Can anyone share insight on why there is such a wide disparity of features among the various international markets?

·
Registered
CX30 2020 Premium Jet Black Mica
88 Posts
Good question. Of those you mentioned I could benefit from the ventilated seats and the 360° camera.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 2020, Soul Red
9 Posts
And I wish there was a way for us Canadians to get electric seats without the moon roof.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
178 Posts
And I wish there was a way for us Canadians to get electric seats without the moon roof.
also mid trim should come with sirus XM... i had to go to the top trim as thats one thing i wanted built in as i was ust to it from my mid trim nissan quaskai.

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
18 Posts
I suspect there will be a higher level model ("Signature"???) that will have some or all of the items mentioned. But why wouldn't they just do that worldwide? Something baffling to me is why here in the USA we have the "Premium", "Preferred", etc and in other parts of the world the different model levels are called something else. Why not have consistency and ease of marketing?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I suspect there will be a higher level model ("Signature"???) that will have some or all of the items mentioned. But why wouldn't they just do that worldwide? Something baffling to me is why here in the USA we have the "Premium", "Preferred", etc and in other parts of the world the different model levels are called something else. Why not have consistency and ease of marketing?
I couldn't agree with you more on the trim level scheme .. here in canada its gx base model .. gs mid and gt top .. yah its confusing

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Premium (top trim) but but no heated steering wheel, heated side mirrors, ventilated seats, 365 camera system, etc. When I first bought the car, I naively assumed that its features were the same as those found in all countries.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m in Australia and besides USA not getting anywhere near the extras we get do you guys really pay for sd card ? I read somewhere that dealers charge $500 ? Unbelievable as ours are included free and free updates first 3 years then $60 a year. Plus we get 5 years unlimited klms warranty bumper to bumper

·
Registered
178 Posts
I’m in Australia and besides USA not getting anywhere near the extras we get do you guys really pay for sd card ? I read somewhere that dealers charge $500 ? Unbelievable as ours are included free and free updates first 3 years then $60 a year. Plus we get 5 years unlimited klms warranty bumper to bumper
so here if you go for the GT model top trim it comes included and here the warrenty is 3 years unlimeted km and 5 year powertrain with 7 year anti perforation warrenty and first 3 years are free for map updates.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
160 Posts
Like my CX 30 very much, but ---- very disappointed that Mazda chose to deprive USA customers of many 'goodies' that it favored in other Markets (Canadian, Euro., Asian). I'm referring to such things as: heated steering wheel, heated side mirrors, ventilated seats, 365 camera system, etc.
Can anyone share insight on why there is such a wide disparity of features among the various international markets?
100% agree. Very much bs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not sure ventilated seats are currently available on the CX-30 in any market but I agree it is very odd that Mazda chose to omit the heated steering wheel, heated mirrors and 360 degree camera from any trim level available in the USA market. I assume this is down to the marketing gurus configuring available features to meet certain 'price points'. They don't always get the calculations right, of course, and people can end up with features they don't want or missing those they actually do. I think Mazda have probably made an error of judgement here and in colder regions of the country, they may lose sales because of it.

We could perhaps see these features added to next year's available trim levels if potential customers (and disgruntled existing ones) and their dealers scream loud enough.

·
Registered
128 Posts
A heated steering wheel and ventilated seats would've been so nice to have. I don't understand why Mazda would do that?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
32 Posts
Yes, we really have to buy the SD card and I have the top of the line Premium, I assumed it came with it but low and behold it didn't. They are plentiful on eBay and I just bought one for $40. It really is crazy that they omitted heated mirrors and steering wheel, I'm in North Carolina which isn't as cold as the northeast and upper midwest but I still appreciate them in winter. Gosh the Kia Soul has heated mirrors and steering wheel.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
115 Posts
I honestly don't understand why we have heated seats and steering wheel and the US don't. This would have been a deal breaker for me...The SD card came with mine.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
331 Posts
I honestly don't understand why we have heated seats and steering wheel and the US don't. This would have been a deal breaker for me...The SD card came with mine.
I agree, as I had heated seats and steering wheel on my previous vehicle it was a requirement for the CX-30 to be considered for my next car.

The US Preferred and Premium models come standard with heated seats.

Reactions: detailcarguy

·
Registered
2020 Polymetal Grey AWD (premium)
6 Posts
No market gets ventilated seats. The other features are based on market expectation. 360 camera is a much more "expected" feature in other markets like Europe. It's a bit surprising we don't get heated (or power, folding) mirrors or the wheel but it is what it is. Oddly we do get the Hill Launch Assist which a lot of other markets don't get and for some reason we get an extra inch of ground clearance. Not to mention the other engine choices that we don't get but I'm not sure any of the others would work here anyway.

Another thing we don't get is the Titanium Flash Mica color only available in certain Asian markets, I believe.

You also have to keep in mind that the car is sold at a relatively lower cost in the US than in other markets.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts