Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS 2.5L AWD Pearl White
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might want to use a USB memory stick to access your music library. However, the USB Jack inside the Center Console is quite exposed during normal usage and I am concerned damaging the USB jack as well as the device plugged into it by accidentally hitting the plugged in USB stick and twisting it off. I know, it is not a big thing. However, things like this bother me :)

So, I went on a search to find an inexpensive right angle USB V3.0 extension cable and found a very suitable cable on eBay. This cable extension features a right angle USB plug and an inline USB receptacle allowing the cable connection to snug the front wall. The USB memory device plugs into the other end and can rest now at the bottom of the storage compartment. It also keeps the interior of the compartment clean looking. Below is the link as an example:

I have not received the cable yet and plan reporting on it later. I hope you find this suggestion also useful.

Scotty

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
Some of you might want to use a USB memory stick to access your music library. However, the USB Jack inside the Center Console is quite exposed during normal usage and I am concerned damaging the USB jack as well as the device plugged into it by accidentally hitting the plugged in USB stick and twisting it off. I know, it is not a big thing. However, things like this bother me :)
Scotty
not if you use a micro USB flash drive, only projects about 1/4". (just refering to the flash drive on its own)

Reactions: mattleics

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS 2.5L AWD Pearl White
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thatˋs a good idea if one has to get a drive. Thanks. But I am using a 256GB Size USB disk that is also physically being big. I carry a lot of audio books and radio plays in addition to music media files. But your suggestion would surely be appealing to many others.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
35 Posts
As suggested above, I use a micro usb. Neat compact fix and doesn’t get in the way

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
268 Posts
Mine is similar - but even smaller:

Reactions: zico21 and Benno93

·
Registered
9 Posts
not if you use a micro USB flash drive, only projects about 1/4". (just refering to the flash drive on its own)
Those micro usb drives have not been very reliable for me, since they seem to have issues with getting way too hot when writing a lot of data at once, or they just don't last very long in harsh environments like my keychain apparently.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use a micro usb drive as well in the front USB port. It's so small I forget it's even there. But the right-angle usb cord would also come in handy for the storage console when needing a cord for phone charging. I had also been concened about damaging the plug with the cord sticking out. I'll probably get one of those too. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
18 Posts
This is something I want to keep an eye on. I will be traveling extensively once we get teaching again (post covid) and like to have class workbook pdfs read to me while driving to help pass the time and get in some extra study time too. Getting this all accessed/operated through the vehicle's entertainment system is very important for me.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
35 Posts
@tyson3838 I’m guessing that a usb on a keychain would be a hostile environment. The sandisk micro in our cx30 migrated from our cx5 and our daughter has one in her mazda2. Both units are now about 4 yrs old and never missed a beat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts