Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The biggest gripe I've got with my new CX-30 is how music files on my memory stick are handled. I have about 5,000 songs filed away in folders by artist then album. Most of the folders only have one or a few song files but I have a few that contain quite a few complete albums. What is frustrating me is that if I select "ALBUMS" from the car's menu and then navigate to the album I want to play the song files are alphabetized instead of in correct play order of the original album. Am I missing how to choose how the files are sorted?

If I browse the folders instead of choosing the album menu the files will be in the correct order. But the frustrating part of that is there isn't a way to jump way down the alphabetized list - if you're looking for an artist or album there is a jump feature where you move over to the far right of the screen and can scroll down the alphabet to where you need to go. My work around on that was to create a new folder for each letter of the alphabet then move the other folders into the correct folder.

I have a couple other cars with similar systems and they were better designed. This is an area on a fantastic car where they dropped the ball in my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have problems with the USB ports. If I connect a USB drive formatted to FAT32 it doesn’t read it at all, or recognise any music files or folders on it. If I connect a Sony Walkman then it only reads the main system drive, it won’t read the microSD card where most of the music is.

The only device I have managed to get working in the USB port is an old Apple iPod Classic.

Makes you wonder what they tested the ports with.

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
100 Posts
I do know fat32 can be troublesome with some larger capacity drives.

If you can and you don't mind losing all the data on a drive use this formatter on it

Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

Then copy your files over.

Having done that it seems happy with any format I throw at it on a 64GB thumb drive. I believe spinning drives (hard disks) or dads in enclosures may have issues unless they're separately powered due to amperage at the socket but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
100 Posts
Ssds not dads won't edit as it gets stuck awaiting approval :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts